Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 08:54 AM

93,620 posts, read 124,349,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston12345 View Post
I actually rented a month lease for an apartment in the area to see what it was like. It's actually a pretty rotten area, last night I woke up to gun shots(a guy was shot twice) there quite a bit of crime in the neighborhood. The rest of the village is nice but im gonna stay away from that area.
Are shootings common in that area of Endicott? Was it related to lifestyle(drugs, gangs, abuse, etc.)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 01:08 PM

4 posts, read 11,679 times
Shootings aren't really common, but there have been quite a few stabbings and assaults. There is also a ton of OBVIOUS drug dealing and drug related loitering. Also the number of domestic disputes is through the roof, I can hear people fighting, arguing constantly. Not to mention the CONSTANT sirens in the neighborhood.

Old 06-21-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Shootings aren't really common, but there have been quite a few stabbings and assaults. There is also a ton of OBVIOUS drug dealing and drug related loitering. Also the number of domestic disputes is through the roof, I can hear people fighting, arguing constantly.
That's unfortunate and I'm afraid those things are occurring more than we want to know or see. I wonder if the police department has the manpower or tactics/training to deal with the issues properly before they start getting worse?

Old 06-21-2010, 10:53 PM

4 posts, read 11,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
That's unfortunate and I'm afraid those things are occurring more than we want to know or see. I wonder if the police department has the manpower or tactics/training to deal with the issues properly before they start getting worse?
There's a definite police presence in the neighborhood it just dosen't seem to do anygood. There are a good deal of stabbings from drug deals gone wrong that just dont get reported/called in, so if the cops dont know about it, they cant do anything about it.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:15 AM

Quote:
There's a definite police presence in the neighborhood it just dosen't seem to do anygood. There are a good deal of stabbings from drug deals gone wrong that just dont get reported/called in, so if the cops dont know about it, they cant do anything about it.
What's probably even more unfortunate is that the incidents are occurring, in many cases, are involving people that aren't from the area and bring the drama with them from a bigger city/area.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:27 AM

41 posts, read 239,640 times
Quote:
What's probably even more unfortunate is that the incidents are occurring, in many cases, are involving people that aren't from the area and bring the drama with them from a bigger city/area.
Yeah you got that right, When they release the names of the people who have been arrested in drug busts more than half are from NYC.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamster View Post
Yeah you got that right, When they release the names of the people who have been arrested in drug busts more than half are from NYC.
Exactly and in Syracuse, the newspaper exposed a pipeline from Newark NJ that has been involved in the area for almost a decade. It took a drug bust about a few weeks ago to do it and I explain how it happened in the Broome County thread. So, I think that has a lot to do with it.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Exactly and in Syracuse, the newspaper exposed a pipeline from Newark NJ that has been involved in the area for almost a decade. It took a drug bust about a few weeks ago to do it and I explain how it happened in the Broome County thread. So, I think that has a lot to do with it.
Yeah, The Binghamton area is 3hours from NYC, Philadelphia, Buffalo, Rochester. So we do get a good deal of "Imports" from other areas, but i fear that the imports are forming more and more local connections.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamster View Post
Yeah, The Binghamton area is 3hours from NYC, Philadelphia, Buffalo, Rochester. So we do get a good deal of "Imports" from other areas, but i fear that the imports are forming more and more local connections.
Perhaps and you also have to remember that many of the Correctional facilities are in Upstate NY. So, some people follow prisoners or prisoners stay and move to one of the cities in Upstate. You do get some people that move for a better environment as well.

I also think that the state of an area's economy can make it more vulnerable to such activity, but also it ultimately comes down to personal choices.

Drugs are unfortunately everywhere and it is pretty tough to find a place where it isn't an issue to some degree.

Old 06-23-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Perhaps and you also have to remember that many of the Correctional facilities are in Upstate NY. So, some people follow prisoners or prisoners stay and move to one of the cities in Upstate. You do get some people that move for a better environment as well.

I also think that the state of an area's economy can make it more vulnerable to such activity, but also it ultimately comes down to personal choices.

Drugs are unfortunately everywhere and it is pretty tough to find a place where it isn't an issue to some degree.
Yeah, Elmira does have 2 maximum security prisons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York