Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2010, 01:05 PM

4 posts, read 6,980 times

Advertisements

My husband is being relocated to NYC, he will be working in SoHo. We want to live in a safe family friendly neighbourhood. We were told to look into Tarrytown, White Plains etc. It is very important to us to live in a good school district. We´re thinking renting for no more than $2500 but ofcourse less would be great. Good commute for my husband. I would also like to know average monthly living expenses.
Any more info welcomed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 01:56 PM

4 posts, read 6,980 times
I don´t know if I did not put enough info for a reply but so far there has been no replies. I would really appreciate some help. Since yesterday some people have suggested New Jersey to me.

Old 03-27-2010, 02:04 PM

93,710 posts, read 124,432,072 times
Look possibly at Scarsdale, Bronxville, Pelham, Eastchester, Tuckahoe and Larchmont, among others in Westchester County. Are there any other factors you are considering in terms of where you want to live?

Old 03-27-2010, 02:47 PM

9,177 posts, read 13,278,780 times
5valdsd, since you mentioned Tarrytown and White Plains, you might want to ask this question directly on the Westchester County forum. Since they have New York State divided into so many sub-forums (in contrast to New Jersey & Connecticut which have just one) less people look at the general New York forum.

It might also help if you gave a little more detail about the type of community you are looking for.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:20 PM

2 posts, read 4,313 times
Hi. You do not mention the number of children you have, but I've got four of my own under 12. For $2500 per month (I assume) I am not sure that you are going to be able to rent a home in any of the areas mentioned above. You can Google any of the areas listed above, as they are nice areas, and include rental and realtors in the subject line, and see what you can find. Most of those areas have reasonable school systems, especially since the taxes in those areas are high. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York