Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 08:12 AM

10 posts, read 19,360 times

Advertisements

If you live in Binghamton a prescription for depression is a must, i have lived here for to many years to mention. the city is a gost town and the surounding neighborhoods are drug infested. The mountains are beautiful to look at . As for summer weather, rain and gray overcast is the norm. If you are into winter its cold and messy we dont seem to get as much snow as we did. binghamton schools are riddled with trouble from downstate residents who migrated mostly from nyc. the surounding schools are all good schools, Susquehanna valley, Vestal , Johnson city, Endicott, Chenango Forks, Chenango valley. and a few others. dont send your kids to bing schools ! Not much to do here either. My family are leaving within the next couple of years and we cant wait to get out. Mayor is an extreme liberal, flies the rainbow flag over city hall etc. u get the drift. sorry so negative but cant help it we have a beautiful home in the country hate to give that up but Binghamton sucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 08:20 AM

93,342 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Geez, tell us how you really feel.....

Old 01-20-2011, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer8 View Post
Hello there. I wonder if anybody would be kind enough to tell me a bit about Binghamton and the surrounding area? I am basically curious about the weather, crime, and a basic summary of how it is to live there. Thank you.
Binghamtons weather sucks mostly rain and overcast ! not a great place to live, depressing. jobs are scarse except min wage jobs they can be found about anywhere. Winter is hard cold and messy. not much to do.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:26 AM

crime isnt bad but keep your doors locked, surounding area ov vestal or upper south side of bing is nice upper west side riverside dr area is nice vestal is nice Johnson City is a dump. outer suburban country,areas are nice and within 10 to 20 min drive to Binghamton if you had to go there for work otherwise no other reason would u visit Binghamto s city area.

Old 01-20-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark beylo View Post
crime isnt bad but keep your doors locked, surounding area ov vestal or upper south side of bing is nice upper west side riverside dr area is nice vestal is nice Johnson City is a dump. outer suburban country,areas are nice and within 10 to 20 min drive to Binghamton if you had to go there for work otherwise no other reason would u visit Binghamto s city area.
What about these things/events in the city of Binghamton: The Official Site of Minor League Baseball | Binghamton Mets Homepage

binghamtonsenators.com: Home

Welcome to Spiedie Fest 2010

Binghamton Philharmonic, Home Page (http://www.binghamtonphilharmonic.org/ - broken link)

Binghamton Zoo at Ross Park

BC Arts Council - Greater Binghamton Gallery Guide

Welcome to the home of Binghamton's Off-Broadway Play House!

Tri Cities Opera, Binghamton, New York

Broadway Binghamton - Home

Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena And Broome County Forum

and more.....

Old 01-20-2011, 06:00 PM

4,277 posts, read 11,787,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Geez, tell us how you really feel.....
Gotta love it when someone answers a rhetorical question.

Old 01-21-2011, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ki0eh View Post
Gotta love it when someone answers a rhetorical question.
Tell me about it....

Old 01-21-2011, 11:53 AM

43 posts, read 109,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark beylo View Post
If you live in Binghamton a prescription for depression is a must, i have lived here for to many years to mention. the city is a gost town and the surounding neighborhoods are drug infested. The mountains are beautiful to look at . As for summer weather, rain and gray overcast is the norm. If you are into winter its cold and messy we dont seem to get as much snow as we did. binghamton schools are riddled with trouble from downstate residents who migrated mostly from nyc. the surounding schools are all good schools, Susquehanna valley, Vestal , Johnson city, Endicott, Chenango Forks, Chenango valley. and a few others. dont send your kids to bing schools ! Not much to do here either. My family are leaving within the next couple of years and we cant wait to get out. Mayor is an extreme liberal, flies the rainbow flag over city hall etc. u get the drift. sorry so negative but cant help it we have a beautiful home in the country hate to give that up but Binghamton sucks.
Alright I am not a strong supporter of Binghamton some times, but really? You went to every thread about Binghamton and wrote the same thing...really?

Old 02-18-2011, 08:14 PM

7 posts, read 18,011 times
Is Bignahmton as bad as peoples saying on here?

Old 02-21-2011, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymaid View Post
Is Bignahmton as bad as peoples saying on here?
While it has seen better days, I think people are getting a little bit overboard. People have been moving in from NYC, Philadelphia and the bigger Upstate NY cities for a while, actually. So, that isn't anything new. It's still a generally very safe metro area and while there might be some rough neighborhoods in Binghamton and maybe 1 or 2 small ones in Endicott and Johnson City, there are still some alright to fine neighborhoods in those communities as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York