Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 07:14 PM

363 posts, read 2,024,615 times

Advertisements

Is that sarcasm I detect? Computers are so hard to read. Come on, I can take it! Are you trying to tell me that Cracker Barrels are a southern thang? Hey, it's a living. Maybe it's my own complex?... Anyway, I thought you knew everything about NY!!! There are CB's in Binghamton, Cicero, Clifton Park, East Greenbush, Fishkill, Henrietta, Watertown, and Williamsville. Why is that funny? Seriously, I don't know.

Last edited by pioneer8; 05-29-2006 at 07:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2006, 07:55 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,635,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer8
Is that sarcasm I detect? Computers are so hard to read. Come on, I can take it! Are you trying to tell me that Cracker Barrels are a southern thang? Hey, it's a living. Maybe it's my own complex?... Anyway, I thought you knew everything about NY!!! There are CB's in Binghamton, Cicero, Clifton Park, East Greenbush, Fishkill, Henrietta, Watertown, and Williamsville. Why is that funny? Seriously, I don't know.
LOL No I wasn't being sarcastic, I really am surprised. I have seen crackerbarrels all over the Carolinas and Georgia but NEVER thought they had any in NY. Yes, they definitely would be considered southern food. But I mean, that's not bad. I wasn't trying to sound condescending like.... psshhh, New York is too sophisticated for crackerbarrel or anything like that. Just REALLY surprised. Even more so that there is on in Henrietta! A suburb of Rochester where my sister lives!

Old 05-29-2006, 08:28 PM

I wish you could hear me cracking up. My kids think I'm a little too hooked on this website. My (awesome ) husband teases me and checks out the gender of my correspondences. I assure him, i'minformed is happily married and reminds me of my older and wiser brother. (smile) Anyway, I think NY probably is a bit more sophisticated/cultured. My Italian roots and childhood visits to see my brother at Catholic University of America beckon me to seek more culture. And... psshh, If Cracker Barrel is going to be our vehicle to MORE of that... I'm "good to go". I think there may be two reasons those stores didn't pop out at you. One, they seem to place them on the interstates and two (a point of contention for our possible relocation to NY.).. word is, they tend to close more often in NY... The latter being unconfirmed. However, if it is true; we think it may be because of the snow... Maybe less traveling in the area. Or... simply not in the right part of the country??? It's a lot to consider. Gosh, I want to live there!!! Here's hoping! Have a good night.

Last edited by pioneer8; 05-29-2006 at 08:30 PM..

Old 05-29-2006, 08:38 PM

161 posts, read 1,051,584 times
Look at Cicero, a Syracuse suburb and a beautiful area. Nieghboring towns are Liverpool, Clay and many other areas. Not far from the fingerlakes, the Adirondacks, and Lake Ontario. Just do some research on real estate and schools, you might like what you see. There is a great NYS education dept web site you should look at regardless of what you choose, either way goodluck, Glen (happily married w/2children)lol

Old 05-29-2006, 08:48 PM

105 posts, read 623,366 times
Cracker Barrel in Binghamton is on Upper Front street, near Broome Community College. It's just off Interstate 81 and 88. This is upstate New York we are talking about...Binghamton is about a 3 1/2 hour drive to New York City. New York State is not New York City. Is Los Angeles all there is in California? Is Miami all there is in Florida? Is Dallas all there is in Texas... ready my previous post about bears, dear and turkeys in New York State!! New York State has tons of dairy farms and apple orchards, winery's, lakes and waterfalls. Binghamton is about as rural as you can get and still have a city. I would say it is more country then city. It is not a cultural hotspot. It is not broadway! But it has it's good points.

Old 05-29-2006, 09:09 PM

Smile I think you may have misunderstood...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weloveantiques
Cracker Barrel in Binghamton is on Upper Front street, near Broome Community College. It's just off Interstate 81 and 88. This is upstate New York we are talking about...Binghamton is about a 3 1/2 hour drive to New York City. New York State is not New York City. Is Los Angeles all there is in California? Is Miami all there is in Florida? Is Dallas all there is in Texas... ready my previous post about bears, dear and turkeys in New York State!! New York State has tons of dairy farms and apple orchards, winery's, lakes and waterfalls. Binghamton is about as rural as you can get and still have a city. I would say it is more country then city. It is not a cultural hotspot. It is not broadway! But it has it's good points.
My goodness! That was beautiful! We were kidding at Cracker Barrels expense, not NY. I am well aware of all that you so profoundly spoke. I am so eager to see your state! I also have a soft spot for Cracker Barrel. They are a very good company... just a little humor is all! I don't want, in any way to live in NYC...or any big city... I love the country and cozy , warm, and good places! I'm so glad for you to love your home. Really. I hope I feel as fulfilled soon. Good Evening.

Old 05-29-2006, 09:24 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,635,912 times
Then you will fit in very well in Upstate NY and the area will be happy to have you!

Old 05-29-2006, 09:28 PM

Dear I'm informed, My husband and I think you're swell. Have a great sleep.

Last edited by pioneer8; 05-29-2006 at 09:42 PM..

Old 05-29-2006, 09:38 PM

Glen NY, Thanks for that. Your funny too! I responded to you, but for some reason it didn't post. I have spent some time on Cicero and I will look further into that area. You ahve given me some other information along the way. We are so grateful for it and will keep it for reference as the time to make our final choice approaches. Thank you!

Old 06-02-2006, 06:54 PM

12 posts, read 84,689 times
OK What is cracker barrel - in australia it is a brand of cheese!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York