Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 08:52 AM

155 posts, read 850,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
His indiscretions by both he and his wife occured 10 years ago. Both have grown since then and moved forward. I find it a shame that they have to air their personal lives because the media will dig and dig till they find something.

Besides if personal indiscretions were a disqualifier for office their would be alot of vacancy's in public office as well as faith based organizations.
They occured within the past few years. I hate to say it, but this may snowball into something larger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 10:48 AM

19,275 posts, read 17,147,017 times
The news clip I saw said 10 years but it's not as big a story for us.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:58 PM

757 posts, read 3,365,568 times
Let's think of the presidents -- names we are all familiar with -- who were not known to cheat on their spouses:
  • Bush2
  • Carter
  • Reagan
  • Ford
  • Nixon
  • Truman
A list of known cheaters:
  • FDR
  • Eisenhower
  • JFK
  • LBJ
  • Bush 1
  • Clinton
In my book, cheaters were, on the whole, better presidents. Not a strong enough correlation to prove that bad husbands are good presidents, but enough to prove that bad husbands are not necessarily bad presidents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York