Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 11:26 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,775,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
And You Tube became a credible standard when? Don't believe everything you see on public media...
C'mon you know they can't post it on the internet it it isn't true.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:30 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,775,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumNCoke View Post
I believe it is time i shut this down and revealed the truth to you. I thought someone had figured it out eariler and saw the exact video I saw but i guess not. I guess people do not read threads anymore they just read the first post and reply. Here is the video I witnessed--someone who has never been to Ny before..

Moderator cut: inappropriate
June 27, 1993.

19 year old video of some trashy looking intersection.

Last edited by bellafinzi; 11-19-2012 at 06:03 PM..

Old 11-19-2012, 12:00 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,668,008 times
Quote:
All I saw was trash, graffiti and brick walls. Abandon mom and pop stores, strangely light Pizza and 1$ (sure it did not say it but you know it had to be) Chinese "Restaurants" with apartments up on apartments stacked on top of these abandoned stores!

And of course as the video moved on the police showed up which brought more noise into the city--as if the place could not get any louder.Did I mention that these apartments had some sort of strange debris floating around it Not a single door, just gates more so prison gates, with more debris taped onto it. And the icing on top of the cake was as this video progressed some how the locals found more trash (empty bottles of liquor) to throw into the middle of the street
So I watched the video of this loser you posted. He was a complete nut and a massive drug addict so he wasn't hanging out in the best of neighborhoods.

This is NYC. There are nice parts and el sucko parts just like EVERY OTHER city! London has dumps and mansions so does Paris. NYC has 10 MILLION people crammed into a few square miles.

The trash on the curbs is waiting for the city to pick it up. Yes, trash must be removed from NYC just like everywhere else. It doesn't magically turn to fairy dust and disappear. Yes, there is some trash in the road. A lot of it was from this nutjob throwing bottles and trash cans about.

There's graffiti everywhere. Yes, it's more common in bad areas, but I've seen it in nice places as well. Yes, there are brick walls. What other suggests to you have for the walls to be made from besides iron and concrete? This is NYC and you need to protect you and your stuff!

Many of those places weren't abandoned. They were CLOSED at the time the nutjob was roaming the streets naked. All stores in NYC has metal garage doors covering the fronts except places like Macy's and Bloomingdale's.

Again, NYC has 10 MILLION people on a few square miles. Of course, apartment buildings are stacked up. Where did you think all of these people lived? In hover crafts? Under ground?

There's nothing floating around. There aren't any moats so there's not way for anything to float around.

Yes, there are lots of gates. They are to protect the residents from the unwanted. Again, with 10 MILLION people there's going to be good and bad just like EVERY WHERE else.

I wouldn't assume it was locals who found bottles to pitch in the street. Just a bunch of thugs.

All of NYC isn't like this. This video is also 20 years old. You haven't been to NYC yet you said so your self. Why so quick to judge? I'm sure you could find bad neighborhoods where you live as well.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:01 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,668,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
C'mon you know they can't post it on the internet it it isn't true.
Craig Ferguson says everything on the interweb is true and I believe him. He has a tv show so he must know everything. Oh and he's European so it all sounds fancy when he talks about it.

Old 11-19-2012, 04:22 PM

3,235 posts, read 8,731,104 times
Quote:
You know what many people try an pitty him but i sorta liked him. I really do admire he truly didn't care. He did what he wanted regardless of how it reflected or what anyone thought. I wish i some what had that kind of attitude about life. Maybe not so destructive but never the less if i lived my life more fully I would probably be more happy.
I liked that aspect of him to an extent...I know it's punk rock, but rubbing poop on yourself really weirds me out. haha

Old 11-19-2012, 11:54 PM

261 posts, read 513,466 times
Ok so WoW. I make an opening post and verbally describe what I saw. People say im making all of this up in some bizarre fantasy world I apparently live in. So I actually post the video which backs up my story to the T.....Then it gets Moderated soon after. WoW, utterly pointless. I some what imaged this is the kind of forum that generally attracted adults in general. And I imaged that seeing a guys dirty butt cheek wouldn't have offended much of anyone...I mean cmon now if you haven't at lest seen a cheek by now then iuuno what to tell you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by garmin239 View Post
I liked that aspect of him to an extent...I know it's punk rock, but rubbing poop on yourself really weirds me out. haha

Well it isn't necessarily that I was really referring to lol. Now cmon I would never ever come close to something like that. I was really talking in respects to the fact that he did all of that...And more! People today are` so afraid of what their peers and family think so much they wouldn't even talk to a particular person because they are petrified of what they would think of them even if that person interest them...This guy. Hell he went no a mad tear in every sense of the word. He slept with--what ever and did it all regardless of it all. Ya it is destructive but i believe if I took on even a little but of that attitude I would lead a better/happier life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York