Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2007, 10:08 AM

10 posts, read 60,877 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am moving to Cold Spring, NY at the end of the month. I have visited the town several times (although always in the summer), and grew up in the Hudson Valley, so I know what to expect in terms of the area.

My one question: what is Cold Spring like in the winter? I know that it is a town that sees a lot of tourists in the summer and fall, but I imagine it's not so active during the winter months. Can anyone living there give me some perspective on its winter atmosphere?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2011, 07:43 AM

18 posts, read 63,151 times
Beacon NY is a very active town.. Lots to do... from Exercise classes like Zumba, to pottery classes in the local glass factory.. Hiking in Mt Beacon to the Water Preserve/Park were you can go canoeing in a private area... or catch an exposition in one of the local galleries. or the town center.... DIA museum is a great place to visit also

Old 01-21-2011, 07:48 AM

18 posts, read 63,151 times
Healthy living must be encouraged in this town. CLEAN AIR ACT should be posted and Enforced especially in multiple unit dwellings/areas. Smokers if you want to die a slow death that's your choice, don't force it on others...Public areas where people / children are around smoking should be abolished. DEATH of old age is one thing because of second hand smoke is another...

Old 01-24-2011, 09:01 AM

506 posts, read 1,313,464 times
Uh...the poster asked about Cold Spring. I realize that Beacon isn't far from Cold Spring but I don't think the smoking thing was relevant either.

To OP: while I don't live in Cold Spring, it is in a pretty rural area, I can't imagine it's very "lively" in the winter. I love Cold Spring myself, and have thought of moving there, but not because of it's bustling winter scene. If you enjoy outdoor sports, winter and summer, there's much to do. Plus, it's not far from bigger towns like Beacon and Poughkeepsie.

Old 01-24-2011, 05:07 PM

48 posts, read 153,330 times
right up the road (less than 5 minutes)from cold spring on rt 301 is Fahnstock state park. Loaded with Cross country ski trails, snow shoeing, hiking, mountain biking. The park itself is over 13,000, yes that is right 13,000 acres. deer, bobcats, squirrel rabbit, turkey, and even a few bears inhabit the place. It is free for you to enjoy. Winter kayaking on the hudson is alot of fun too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York