Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 01:34 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,691,324 times

Advertisements

Or people just dislike him because he's handicap?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2010, 03:15 PM

876 posts, read 2,143,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Or people just dislike him because he's handicap?
No republicans dont like him because he is a democrat and follows many of their policies. Democrats dont like him because he went against obama(a big no no in the democrat party) and didnt take an unqualified kennedy to replace hillary clinton's seat.

Old 09-06-2010, 03:43 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,355,002 times
He isn't a good Governor imo. I liked him in the beginning and I understand NY State wasn't/isn't in a good position but I remember him making a lot of dumb choices throughout his hand me down term. He's like slow and incompetent. Being handicapped doesn't have anything to do with this, I actually liked him more in the beginning because of that but he's a person just like everyone else. I just don't agree with some of the things he did/does/doing.

Albany as a whole needs to be thrown out and replaced.

Old 09-06-2010, 04:18 PM

877 posts, read 2,769,993 times
Hard to say. I don't consider him a bad Governor but I think he could have been more decisive in certain areas instead of trying to appease all sides. Currently, since his chance of re-election is slim, I believe we are seeing more of the type of Governor he could have been and I think he is doing a good job especially since we are in such bad economic shape.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:21 PM

707 posts, read 1,468,109 times
I have both democratic and republican views....I hate him and Its not because hes handicapped.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:37 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,352,275 times
He was dealt a bad hand, based on how he became governor (i.e. not through an election) and the era in which he became governor (one of the worst recessions since the TGD). Any other person in his position including Spitzer would have to deal with the same budgetary issues he is dealing with.

He made some sense compared to the legislature that wouldn't pass a budget for 4+ months to avoid facing the drastic cuts that were needed (thereby pissing off the public unions). He had good ideas for keeping NYS's budget growth capped at the rate of inflation, capping property taxes etc, but he always backed down instead of following through. It seems like no one is willing to take on the unions in Albany.

What NY really needs is Governor Christie from NJ.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:42 AM

93,623 posts, read 124,375,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
He was dealt a bad hand, based on how he became governor (i.e. not through an election) and the era in which he became governor (one of the worst recessions since the TGD). Any other person in his position including Spitzer would have to deal with the same budgetary issues he is dealing with.

He made some sense compared to the legislature that wouldn't pass a budget for 4+ months to avoid facing the drastic cuts that were needed (thereby pissing off the public unions). He had good ideas for keeping NYS's budget growth capped at the rate of inflation, capping property taxes etc, but he always backed down instead of following through. It seems like no one is willing to take on the unions in Albany.

What NY really needs is Governor Christie from NJ.
I actually agree with that and I think he was getting bad advice as well.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:07 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,825,959 times
He was probably picked to balance the ticket and never really expected to be governor. He probably has some good ideas but sure isn't implementing them.... add to that his attitude toward other minorities: try asking any Native American upstate how they feel about him (I live close to 2 reservations: 1 north, 1 south).

I am not keen on his governing, but the choices aren't great either come Nov.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:29 AM

3,235 posts, read 8,725,614 times
I think he is bad because he doesn't follow through with threats. I really liked how he threatened the public employee unions with massive layoffs, but this never happened. NYS has far too many state employees (more per capita than most states), which drive up costs with generous benefits. Layoffs are needed in this sector and the Gov never followed through.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:57 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,649,841 times
He's an idiot. Plain and simple. Being disabled has NOTHING to do with it!

He backtracks all the time. He doesn't stand up to anyone especially the unions. He has no backbone.

Yeah, the economy sucks, but NY has been on a spending spree long before this happened. Reality was going to come at some point.

Part of the problem in Albany is that all the power players are from the city and don't give a crap about anything outside of the boroughs. He's no different. He gave his buddies jobs....jobs they have no background for....the good ole boys network.

Thank God his term is almost over!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
View detailed profiles of: