Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 10:18 PM

30 posts, read 96,325 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the advice...yeah I would be looking for a usable Beach as well...that is good to know.

What is the night life like there during the Summer, on Rockaway Beach Blvd?

And yeah I heard of the Hammells projects, I heard they were bad, but not bad like the ones on the other side...Redfurn's or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 11:19 AM

2 posts, read 4,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanR87 View Post
Hello,
After time away from the city I am thinking about moving back. I was researching some real estate options and am looking into the Rockaway Beach area. I am looking in areas in between Beach 65th Street and Beach 95th street. My understanding that mostly anything east of 65th is unsafe and of poor quality, and mostly anything west of 95 is expensive.

Does anyone live there? How is the area? Safe? Quiet? Demographics? Is east of 65th not too bad anymore? Is west of 95th coming down in price these past few years?

Thanks. Hope to hear from you.
Hi, I am currently considering moving to Far Rockaway and I would like to know if things have improved since this post.
My current main option is on beach 88th street and Rockaway beach blvd.

Old 01-14-2014, 02:15 PM

30 posts, read 96,325 times
Hey there, I just got an e-mail regarding this posting. It seems it has been such a long time since I posted here. I doubt anything has improved due to hurricane sandy. Beach 88th and Rockaway beach blvd is not considered Far Rockaway. Far Rockaway is not a safe place to live. In general, the higher the street number, the better the location. I am unsure of the cut-off. You should go to the local precient , ask some questions, and wait a few months until summer, and drive around the neighborhood during night time, especially on weekends, to get a real feel of what you are in for.

Safe Travels

Old 01-14-2014, 09:12 PM

34,168 posts, read 47,414,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbana Banana View Post
Hi, I am currently considering moving to Far Rockaway and I would like to know if things have improved since this post.
My current main option is on beach 88th street and Rockaway beach blvd.
The condo on the corner I'm guessing. You'll be 2 blocks away from some pretty rowdy housing projects. However they are easy to avoid.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-17-2014, 03:40 AM

99 posts, read 144,309 times
So your thinking of moving to Alcatraz ?

Do not own these items.
Nike Jordans, Nike Flightposites, Foamposite, Beats by Dre headphones, North Face Snorkels, spyder ski jackets, Gore-tex boots. Iphones and samsung galaxy phones should be hidden and you should crack the screen on purpose if you already have'nt.

The Rock has the best grade A heroin in Queens for the last 3 years so i strongly suggest you talk to your kids about drugs as well. Its not uncommon to see junkies from manhattan, brooklyn and even the bronx out here buying chyna white (yes, i said it ..no black tar. the fiends are in a frenzy!) Edgemere and Hammels have turned down a LITTLE bit but its still a warzone out there. Blood and Crip factions associate in unity for the most part and gangs have the neighborhood in a chokehold. Many outsiders wont even visit family that lives in Far Rock. I'd hate to put this so bluntly but many murders remain unsolved in the ROCK because of its remote location and long times for police response. This is a fact. If you witness a shooting. Mind your business. The police know what is going on out there but quite frankly they are not willing to risk their lives for a 40k yearly income. The 'stop and frisk' has created a fortress-like gang security and the police are watched by the criminals through rooftops, delis, car services, etc. It is quite elaborate and mind boggling. Far Rock will soon be in a state of marshall law. I dont think you have a clue as to what your getting into.
You will be the victim of a robbery within the first 6 months of moving there. Mark my words. The last stop on the A train is Mott Ave. and WHEN you do get robbed -not if*...but when- please just comply and dont resist. The people out there have nothing to lose so i suggest you comply. No basketball tournaments for the youth. No malls, no shopping centers, no billiards, no movies. nothing. It is truely the 'forgotten' boro.

Rest In Peace
RayQuan Elliot

Old 01-17-2014, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHateNYPD View Post
So your thinking of moving to Alcatraz ?

Do not own these items.
Nike Jordans, Nike Flightposites, Foamposite, Beats by Dre headphones, North Face Snorkels, spyder ski jackets, Gore-tex boots. Iphones and samsung galaxy phones should be hidden and you should crack the screen on purpose if you already have'nt.

The Rock has the best grade A heroin in Queens for the last 3 years so i strongly suggest you talk to your kids about drugs as well. Its not uncommon to see junkies from manhattan, brooklyn and even the bronx out here buying chyna white (yes, i said it ..no black tar. the fiends are in a frenzy!) Edgemere and Hammels have turned down a LITTLE bit but its still a warzone out there. Blood and Crip factions associate in unity for the most part and gangs have the neighborhood in a chokehold. Many outsiders wont even visit family that lives in Far Rock. I'd hate to put this so bluntly but many murders remain unsolved in the ROCK because of its remote location and long times for police response. This is a fact. If you witness a shooting. Mind your business. The police know what is going on out there but quite frankly they are not willing to risk their lives for a 40k yearly income. The 'stop and frisk' has created a fortress-like gang security and the police are watched by the criminals through rooftops, delis, car services, etc. It is quite elaborate and mind boggling. Far Rock will soon be in a state of marshall law. I dont think you have a clue as to what your getting into.
You will be the victim of a robbery within the first 6 months of moving there. Mark my words. The last stop on the A train is Mott Ave. and WHEN you do get robbed -not if*...but when- please just comply and dont resist. The people out there have nothing to lose so i suggest you comply. No basketball tournaments for the youth. No malls, no shopping centers, no billiards, no movies. nothing. It is truely the 'forgotten' boro.

Rest In Peace
RayQuan Elliot
Lol. Do you live out here?

Old 02-18-2014, 12:14 AM

99 posts, read 144,309 times
No, but my ex-girl used to drag me out there. Made me hold hands with her , walk her home, all that lovey dovey stuff. LOL @ how the goons would look at me. I literally risked my life for her.

Old 02-18-2014, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHateNYPD View Post
No, but my ex-girl used to drag me out there. Made me hold hands with her , walk her home, all that lovey dovey stuff. LOL @ how the goons would look at me. I literally risked my life for her.
Lol they knew you were an outsider that's all....we're pretty good at spotting who's not from out here.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City