Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2023, 07:42 AM

19,066 posts, read 13,995,482 times

Advertisements

I’d like to at least have a second home in florida in 10 years or so. Maybe even move there but I don’t know it I could take the climate full time. If I had to choose 100% of the time, actually prefer our weather still.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2023, 07:47 AM

106,816 posts, read 109,039,935 times
we may become snow birds .. stay here most of the year and rent something for the winter in florida …

i have no desire to be a long distance owner again

Old 05-01-2023, 06:43 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,265,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I’d like to at least have a second home in florida in 10 years or so. Maybe even move there but I don’t know it I could take the climate full time. If I had to choose 100% of the time, actually prefer our weather still.
As liberal as CA is, there ain’t no better weather than Southern CA and the Bay Area. NYC has become the center of the left in the US anyway. CA isn’t even that bad. Not sure if you’ve visited lately but spend a month there and you’ll see how retarded NYC has become even when compared to CA. I laid out in another thread how NYC spends 400% more than LA per resident and NY spends 300% more per resident than CA. That’s all you need to know.

There’s no place I’d retire to in the US other than CA. Ridiculous weather. Ridiculous scenery and nature. Some of the freshest produce in all of the US. Excellent Mexican and Asian food on the cheap.

Best of all if you have a bit of cash, you can avoid the bad elements entirely. Even if you have a lot of cash in NYC, you can’t avoid the bad elements at all.

Old 05-01-2023, 06:51 PM

I have no interest in California because of their gun nonsense. Far worse than here.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 05-01-2023, 07:00 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,265,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I have no interest in California because of their gun nonsense. Far worse than here.
Just live or get a residence in a more rural county. It’s a big state and they vote more R than NY or Nj.

Old 05-01-2023, 09:24 PM

31,941 posts, read 27,057,104 times
Bam!

https://nypost.com/2023/05/01/new-yo...esidents-flee/

Old 05-02-2023, 05:45 AM

2,457 posts, read 1,227,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
No worries, the Gov and the legislature have the solution. Ban gas stoves.

Old 05-02-2023, 05:53 AM

6,484 posts, read 3,173,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
Just live or get a residence in a more rural county. It’s a big state and they vote more R than NY or Nj.
Yeah, that may be, but the problem is the same as in NY. The very large, geographically, but not densely populated rural areas may be conservative, and vote conservative, but they're overridden by the smaller, but more densely populated urban areas, which vote liberal, and stick the entire state with liberal policies...........

Old 05-02-2023, 05:54 AM

Quote:
No shot. I’d rather move back to NY (and may do that once the kids are grown). I love upstate NY, especially the Adirondacks. In New York my pension is tax free, my benefits are easy to use, and I am exempt from any gun laws that manage to survive all the current challenges.

Old 05-02-2023, 09:00 AM

5,845 posts, read 2,967,245 times
Quote:
As liberal as CA is, there ain’t no better weather than Southern CA and the Bay Area. NYC has become the center of the left in the US anyway. CA isn’t even that bad. Not sure if you’ve visited lately but spend a month there and you’ll see how retarded NYC has become even when compared to CA. I laid out in another thread how NYC spends 400% more than LA per resident and NY spends 300% more per resident than CA. That’s all you need to know.

There’s no place I’d retire to in the US other than CA. Ridiculous weather. Ridiculous scenery and nature. Some of the freshest produce in all of the US. Excellent Mexican and Asian food on the cheap.

Best of all if you have a bit of cash, you can avoid the bad elements entirely. Even if you have a lot of cash in NYC, you can’t avoid the bad elements at all.
Have to agree. Driven all across the country and there are many great states. California is one of the better ones. Plenty of space to get away from the crowds and politics. Scenery is beautiful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City