Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2016, 07:07 PM

52 posts, read 58,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRockSays View Post
Note it. Be very forthcoming about everything.
Even if you were arrested but never convicted? I have a DWI arrest, however, it was dismissed by the ADA

Old 01-04-2016, 10:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,040 times
Hello everyone. I've got a couple of question that I don't think have been addressed yet. My list number is between 400-500 however I won't be 21 until mid September. What happens if my number gets called and I'm under 21? And how strict are they with this rule, for example if a class is called a few days before my birthday will I have to wait for the next one.
Thanks in advance

Old 01-05-2016, 03:36 AM

182 posts, read 290,496 times
Age Requirement: Because a “K” restriction is placed on the CDL license of any person under the age of 21, and
because a Sanitation Worker must have one of the above-identified licenses without a “K” restriction, you must
have attained age 21 to be appointed as a Sanitation Worker. If you are too young for appointment on the date the
eligible list is terminated, you will have no further opportunity to be considered for appointment from this list.

Sounds like you would have to wait, as long as your list is still active. Hopefully its not the last class for you.

QNSLS, I would provide everything especially related to a DWI arrest. You could get terminated after getting hired if they investigate and deem that important enough that should have been included.

Old 01-05-2016, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyy View Post

QNSLS, I would provide everything especially related to a DWI arrest. You could get terminated after getting hired if they investigate and deem that important enough that should have been included.
I will disclose it, already have court disposition in regards to that incident.

Old 01-05-2016, 05:36 AM

And I was just curious about this because last year the mayor signed the "fair chance act" which prohibits discrimination based on an individual's record of arrest or criminal conviction, of course there are a few exemptions, city agencies like NYPD, Corrections, and a few others can ask these questions
Below is the link if anyone is interested

Mayor de Blasio Signs "Fair Chance Act" | City of New York

Old 01-05-2016, 08:57 AM

512 posts, read 766,081 times
as long as you disclose it you are more than likely fine.....just dont hide anything because they will find it

Old 01-05-2016, 09:04 AM

529 posts, read 727,406 times
Nah I will disclose everything. My boy got held up with the fdny because a fight he had in 99 that he wasn't even arrested for held him up. I just don't know what town I got arrested in to even go try and get the letter

Old 01-05-2016, 09:18 AM

353 posts, read 471,793 times
Disclose EVERYTHING and most likely won't be an issue as long as it was taken care properly.

Hold back information that they find out about on their own later = disqualification.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:42 AM

712 posts, read 1,208,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub718 View Post
Nah I will disclose everything. My boy got held up with the fdny because a fight he had in 99 that he wasn't even arrested for held him up. I just don't know what town I got arrested in to even go try and get the letter
He had to be arrested for it. Because it goes by your name finger prints (if he went threw the system) Maybe he got a desk appearance ticket and paid a fine

Old 01-05-2016, 11:16 AM

91 posts, read 116,038 times
My fellow San men I have a question due to these guys asking about dispositions and disclosing information. I got hired this past August and when I went to FP I had my dispositions in hand.. But when I tried to hand them over to one of the human resources staff, she didn't take them. I forgot exactly what she said but I ended up leaving with them. I have no felonies or misdemeanors and I've never been convicted of anything.. All of my arrest were petty and minor.. Sometimes in the back of my mind I feel I should go there on my chart and hand them in.. Don't want anything coming back to haunt me. Was gonna walk in there and play dumb like "I was doing some house cleaning and came across these. Could've sworn I gave them to you guys but don't quite remember" lol.. Plus the date I got the dispositions are Cleary before the date I went in to FP so they'd know I'm not lying.. What do you guys think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City