Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2015, 03:28 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,396,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub718 View Post
I have realized at 33 ( my birthday was Christmas. Happy bday to me) I have nobody to empress. I don't need to spend on nonsense. Save half my check so that when I get hired and need extra its sitting there. Will have enough saved to hold me down for a few years. Even if you have to get a side hustle now get on it so you not hurting
Exactly. You have to plan. 5 and a half years until you hit that top pay goodness. 4 and a half until you get a raise that even matters. Before that they are just messing with you.

Old 12-28-2015, 03:39 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,971,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angusboom View Post
This pay cut keeps sounding worse, please tell me it was worth it guys.
Yes , it's worth it..

I complain a lot about the money lol but in reality, I'm the happiest I've ever been...it's hard , but I wouldn't go back and turn the job down for anything...

Old 12-28-2015, 06:44 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,224,806 times
Remember, he's sitting in an office doing absolutely nothing. I'm not exaggerating, we know smartboard guys and they literally sit there playing video games on they're phones all day. Chiefs know about it, but it's one of those positions where it's a handjob tissue. It's a joke, so of course he's happy. But he makes ZERO extra money, so that's why I break his balls about his money complaints. It's entirely his choice.

As stated, for me to sit in an office and make a bullsh*t base check I would rather blow my brains out. The freedom, the good times, self pride and the MONEY is made in the street. Nothing better in this city then being a real sanman on collection, not some guy in a clean uniform sitting in an office playing with your d*ck all day. I mean really guys, it's NYs Strongest for God's sake, be a man for once in your life...

Old 12-28-2015, 07:28 PM

122 posts, read 203,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
Remember, he's sitting in an office doing absolutely nothing. I'm not exaggerating, we know smartboard guys and they literally sit there playing video games on they're phones all day. Chiefs know about it, but it's one of those positions where it's a handjob tissue. It's a joke, so of course he's happy. But he makes ZERO extra money, so that's why I break his balls about his money complaints. It's entirely his choice.

As stated, for me to sit in an office and make a bullsh*t base check I would rather blow my brains out. The freedom, the good times, self pride and the MONEY is made in the street. Nothing better in this city then being a real sanman on collection, not some guy in a clean uniform sitting in an office playing with your d*ck all day. I mean really guys, it's NYs Strongest for God's sake, be a man for once in your life...
Is it up to the sanman to go out in the streets to make that extra pay? Or is it all because of seniority per garage?

Old 12-28-2015, 07:33 PM

182 posts, read 220,679 times
Quote:

As much as a handjob tissue sounds fun and all(no offense mikeflye), being in my mid30s with wife and kids is gonna force me to make the most money I can regardless of shift and garage. I've spent most of my current career pulling frozen foods of of sideload straight jobs in Manhattan in freezing cold, rain, snow whatever so nothing new there for me.

Old 12-28-2015, 07:50 PM

1,757 posts, read 2,147,641 times
Trucker Destroys Historic Bridge Because She Didn't Know How Many Pounds Six Tons Was

Old 12-28-2015, 07:55 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,971,986 times
It's all good, dirty is 100% right, I still say my best days were in the street, I worked in the street last week and it was awesome lol , but I'm in the spot I'm in for a specific reason... But don't get too excited about the money in the street, it's by seniority so you won't make the extra money that often anyway when your new, unless you end up in a real junior garage...

And yes even when I was in the street working in the rain doing 16 tons at 3am with rats, IT WAS WORTH IT!!... There's no bad spots on this job... Wel unless your a supervisor lol

Old 12-28-2015, 08:07 PM

327 posts, read 469,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willdogs View Post
is take home of $400/week common for someone with 2 years on?

no

Old 12-28-2015, 09:07 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,224,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikfleye3 View Post
It's all good, dirty is 100% right, I still say my best days were in the street, I worked in the street last week and it was awesome lol , but I'm in the spot I'm in for a specific reason... But don't get too excited about the money in the street, it's by seniority so you won't make the extra money that often anyway when your new, unless you end up in a real junior garage...

And yes even when I was in the street working in the rain doing 16 tons at 3am with rats, IT WAS WORTH IT!!... There's no bad spots on this job... Wel unless your a supervisor lol
This is why I'm hard on you. I expect more and I'm going to keep pushing you. You know I'm right, you admit I'm right but you are still stuck in your ways. Still a chance you will see the light...

Old 12-29-2015, 09:53 AM

118 posts, read 158,713 times
Quote:
This is why I'm hard on you. I expect more and I'm going to keep pushing you. You know I'm right, you admit I'm right but you are still stuck in your ways. Still a chance you will see the light...

You gotta love this guy .. old school hardcore san man .. today out in the pouring rain was still better than any other job I've ever done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City