Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2017, 04:14 AM

7 posts, read 12,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom0088 View Post
Began studying for the cdl permit , must I know the whole booklet or are there specific chapters I just need to focus in on for sanitation ?
There were chapters of the book I left out. Just look for general knowledge stuff and things pertaining only to the specific endorsements needed.

Old 04-20-2017, 04:27 AM

529 posts, read 727,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcode2 View Post
There were chapters of the book I left out. Just look for general knowledge stuff and things pertaining only to the specific endorsements needed.
Don't reply to him. Trust me he is being ignorant

Old 04-20-2017, 07:51 AM

64 posts, read 94,183 times
Whats up guys. I see they started calling people for the physical again but does anybody know around what time they start calling for the medical?

My list # is just over 1,300 and already took physical with first batch end of 2015.
Just waiting for medical testing letter.
Also im sure it has been asked 1000 times but what exactly does the medical test
Include? What do they ask,check,etc?
As well as background check what do they look into?
Only interested to see how crazy they go compared to other
City jobs

Thanks
Mike

Old 04-20-2017, 08:10 AM

359 posts, read 466,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub718 View Post
Don't reply to him. Trust me he is being ignorant
I really am not being ignorant . I printed out the whole booklet , and was wondering which champters specifically are needed . Other than air brakes and tanker .

Old 04-20-2017, 08:20 AM

3,742 posts, read 6,396,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino250ex View Post
Whats up guys. I see they started calling people for the physical again but does anybody know around what time they start calling for the medical?

My list # is just over 1,300 and already took physical with first batch end of 2015.
Just waiting for medical testing letter.
Also im sure it has been asked 1000 times but what exactly does the medical test
Include? What do they ask,check,etc?
As well as background check what do they look into?
Only interested to see how crazy they go compared to other
City jobs

Thanks
Mike
Eyesight, hearing, chest xrays, back xrays, limb strength, ekg, blood pressure, drug test, physical

Background check you're going to start from when you were born and list everything. You'll get a booklet. Well it's online now so I guess it's not a booklet anymore

Old 04-20-2017, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
Eyesight, hearing, chest xrays, back xrays, limb strength, ekg, blood pressure, drug test, physical

Background check you're going to start from when you were born and list everything. You'll get a booklet. Well it's online now so I guess it's not a booklet anymore

Thank you that is everything i was looking to find out. appreciate it
Since i havent robbed any banks or been arrested i guess im ok lol

Old 04-20-2017, 02:14 PM

103 posts, read 166,780 times
Hey guys! My list number is in the mid 1100's.

I have my CDL, passed physical and medical already. I believe they stopped at list #950ish last year. So I'm thinking i have a small chance of getting into the first class, but probably the second class.

I've read I have to redo some of my medical things. What exactly do I have to redo? Also, do I go back to orientation again? Also, what does the background booklet contain? Will anything from a previous job give me any trouble? I've never been fired from a job, just curious about that.

Old 04-20-2017, 03:07 PM

144 posts, read 229,362 times
Im # 4**6 and my physical is in may my coworker # is 3**4 and hes in may too if that helps but for the permit i did just general air and tanker.

Old 04-20-2017, 08:04 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,396,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjf718 View Post
Hey guys! My list number is in the mid 1100's.

I have my CDL, passed physical and medical already. I believe they stopped at list #950ish last year. So I'm thinking i have a small chance of getting into the first class, but probably the second class.

I've read I have to redo some of my medical things. What exactly do I have to redo? Also, do I go back to orientation again? Also, what does the background booklet contain? Will anything from a previous job give me any trouble? I've never been fired from a job, just curious about that.

The stuff you did there is good for 6 months. The stuff you had to do elsewhere is good for a year. Past that you're redoing it. You're redoing pre orientation.

The background booklet as I said...start from when you were born and list until now. Every school, every job.

Of course stuff from a previous job can hurt you lol. But you've never been fired so why worry.

Old 04-20-2017, 08:34 PM

1100's and took medical already?
Im hoping i'll be getting called for that soon since im in the 1300's
Physical was over a year ago
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.