Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2017, 05:31 PM

712 posts, read 1,208,745 times

Advertisements

I wish I could beat this case and get hired this year. I wish everyone the best luck

Old 04-16-2017, 11:42 PM

359 posts, read 467,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcgeorgee View Post
I wish I could beat this case and get hired this year. I wish everyone the best luck
Gl brotha ... these medical dq's are crazy smh ... especially for sanitation

Old 04-17-2017, 01:58 PM

1,757 posts, read 2,147,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by venom0088 View Post
Gl brotha ... these medical dq's are crazy smh ... especially for sanitation
I know crazy right? It's insane why the city would try and make sure someone is healthy enough to do a very physically demanding job. Just hire everyone and then they can either drop dead on the job or get hurt and milk the city for every penny.

Old 04-17-2017, 02:00 PM

712 posts, read 1,208,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan2k5 View Post
I know crazy right? It's insane why the city would try and make sure someone is healthy enough to do a very physically demanding job. Just hire everyone and then they can either drop dead on the job or get hurt and milk the city for every penny.
See with me I understand where your comming from. But as a veteran who was injured in Iraq over 9 years ago who full recovered with clearance letters. Now that's crazy

Old 04-17-2017, 08:07 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,396,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcgeorgee View Post
See with me I understand where your comming from. But as a veteran who was injured in Iraq over 9 years ago who full recovered with clearance letters. Now that's crazy
What's crazy is the amount of people who take city jobs with the sole intention of falling down and suing the city to get big money after only a few years of work or that sit injured for years. You can thank each and every one of them for your current predicament. Bad apples

Old 04-17-2017, 09:08 PM

3,751 posts, read 3,486,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
What's crazy is the amount of people who take city jobs with the sole intention of falling down and suing the city to get big money after only a few years of work or that sit injured for years. You can thank each and every one of them for your current predicament. Bad apples
Even though I am also going thru getting my medical cleared, I know exactly what you are talking about.

A guy in my buddies garage took the Sanitation gig a few years back, right when he was over probation (And I mean one day after probation was over!) he went on medical leave for over a year.... He joined the job with a known medical condition (same condition I have) and because of him is the reason I most likely am going thru this uphill battle.

I want to meet this guy face to face and tell him a few things....

P.S. he is back on the job and lazy as hell still reminding people of his medical condition

Old 04-18-2017, 12:27 PM

3 posts, read 5,822 times
Whats the deal. First time poster. List number 4,400s. I received my physical appointment in the mail yesterday, for the end of May. My question is this: I live in Nassau county, and I'm worried about that residency credit i got on my test. Do i really need bank statements or lease agreements from 2013-2014? My license has been a Queens address for over 4 years now, but i don't "live" there. Am I going to lose my 5 points and go back down in the list number? Or am i passed that point, and just have to prove it for now?

Old 04-18-2017, 12:51 PM

1,757 posts, read 2,147,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLRestinPeace View Post
Whats the deal. First time poster. List number 4,400s. I received my physical appointment in the mail yesterday, for the end of May. My question is this: I live in Nassau county, and I'm worried about that residency credit i got on my test. Do i really need bank statements or lease agreements from 2013-2014? My license has been a Queens address for over 4 years now, but i don't "live" there. Am I going to lose my 5 points and go back down in the list number? Or am i passed that point, and just have to prove it for now?

You're not past any point. You have to prove residency at orientation(next step after physical when they get near your list number). And yes residency for when the exam was given back a few years, so unless you have proof you're losing those points.

Old 04-18-2017, 07:21 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,396,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLRestinPeace View Post
Yeah you're not even up that point much less past it. Before hiring is complete you'll need proof and without it you'll lose the 5 points and they'll readjust your number

Old 04-19-2017, 02:18 PM

2 posts, read 3,107 times
Hello fellow future and current Sani employees!! I just received my admission notice for my dsny physical test with the date and the slip I need signed by my doctor saying I am ready and cleared for this test. I am list number 5,6xx. What does this mean? Am I already in the hiring process or is this for everyone who took the test? If not how many people did they send to do the physical? What happens after I pass the physical? Thank you all and good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City