Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2016, 12:46 PM

16 posts, read 20,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcwithacee View Post
That's a basket that's not even that bad looking to be honest
Maybe if they should start writing up tickets all the people dumping their garbages at the basket. Increase the fine to like $250 a pop.. That's illegal, there's should be no reason there's that many tied up garbage bags at corner basket. I feel bad for some of the sanman doing basket at time, some of these baskets looks worst than collection in the Bronx.. aka 22tons.. lmao..

Would be nice if they had a special team, mostly supervisor I'm hoping that just sit there and write these people up.. lol

Old 08-15-2016, 01:19 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,395,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstrong View Post
Maybe if they should start writing up tickets all the people dumping their garbages at the basket. Increase the fine to like $250 a pop.. That's illegal, there's should be no reason there's that many tied up garbage bags at corner basket. I feel bad for some of the sanman doing basket at time, some of these baskets looks worst than collection in the Bronx.. aka 22tons.. lmao..

Would be nice if they had a special team, mostly supervisor I'm hoping that just sit there and write these people up.. lol
Supervisors would be useless

Supervisor: Gimme your ID so I can write you a ticket.

Person: Go F**** Yourself!

Supervisor: Ok then.

Needs to be someone with a gun. And they'd have to pay san cops hours worth of salary for a ticket that doesn't add up.

I have a much easier solution. Dump everything into the back of a truck, remove basket and bring back to garage. They want to act like disgusting animals then they shouldn't get a basket.

Old 08-15-2016, 02:16 PM

316 posts, read 490,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
Supervisors would be useless

Supervisor: Gimme your ID so I can write you a ticket.

Person: Go F**** Yourself!

Supervisor: Ok then.

Needs to be someone with a gun. And they'd have to pay san cops hours worth of salary for a ticket that doesn't add up.

I have a much easier solution. Dump everything into the back of a truck, remove basket and bring back to garage. They want to act like disgusting animals then they shouldn't get a basket.
Totally agree they added numerous baskets to many corners in my district and they are all bombed. Corners that was once clean look like crap now.

Old 08-15-2016, 02:21 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,395,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBanker View Post
Totally agree they added numerous baskets to many corners in my district and they are all bombed. Corners that was once clean look like crap now.

Baskets are a lie. They're very rarely actually needed. And the cleanest corners will be the ones without them but everyone cries they want one so they can illegally dump stuff in them.

But the cleaning chief needs to pretend like he has the most important job in the city

Old 08-15-2016, 03:54 PM

173 posts, read 262,826 times
[quote=AWOL AGAIN;45141590]Baskets are a lie. They're very rarely actually needed. And the cleanest corners will be the ones without them but everyone cries they want one so they can illegally dump stuff in them.

But the cleaning chief needs to pretend like he has the most important

Last edited by flaggingbaskets; 08-15-2016 at 04:53 PM..

Old 08-15-2016, 05:24 PM

442 posts, read 813,751 times
Solution to a regularly overflowing basket- add another basket. So now there's 2 overflowing.

Old 08-15-2016, 06:08 PM

327 posts, read 469,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcwithacee View Post
Solution to a regularly overflowing basket- add another basket. So now there's 2 overflowing.
It's mind boggling.... we need more baskets so the fruit guys, coffee carts, and delivery trucks can dump their garbage. We need more MLP routes to clean the drop offs of spots that are dumped in daily without any repercussion for the illegal dumpers. We need to cater to "special interest" groups that don't need to abide by the rules like the rest of the city.

Old 08-15-2016, 06:27 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,223,477 times
Working? Getting paid? Best job in the city? Exactly.

I agree with everything you guys are saying but you need to remember something. Garbage in any form is our money, that's what we do. Baskets, sweeping, whatever...it means you have a JOB.

You new guys are f***ing spoiled beyond belief. Come talk to me when your on can carry by yourself in pouring rain the whole day. Some of you in certain districts know what it is, most of you don't. When I came on that's what the hell we did, your lucky if you ever made the truck.

So in other words, shut the f*** up and do your job. Then (here it comes, get used to it) when you get some time on and you can have a better day. Or in my case, reallllllly good f***ing days.

Bunch of soft desk jockeys here, go back to pushing pencils if you don't like it. Plenty guys would give anything to have the job you have...

Old 08-15-2016, 07:10 PM

529 posts, read 727,244 times
While I was on my route today seen 2 sanmen on Atlantic Ave scraping up all the trash on a corner vacant lot. I was hot as hell and aggravated and they seemed to be having the best day ever.

Old 08-15-2016, 07:37 PM

199 posts, read 519,279 times
Some of my best days out of town were single man mlp. Headphones in, talkin to the ladies, eating at the local spots. And 4 hours in the books. Now I'm just too lazy to get up early to go out of town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.