Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2016, 12:42 PM

3,738 posts, read 3,473,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcgeorgee View Post
Just to verify today I called hr and the last number hired was 508 and people who was disqualified like myself letters will be going out on Monday.

Awesome thanks for the heads up. Good luck to both of us!

Old 07-14-2016, 02:13 PM

1,757 posts, read 2,146,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
I'm deducting you anyway cause you downed your truck......you know how many clicks that takes to input that into the pc

Old 07-14-2016, 02:55 PM

128 posts, read 202,564 times
Just got done with my road test. I passed with 20pt deduction. Damn, was so stressful. I messed up a few things early and thought I was finished. Glad that's over with! I'm calling HR tomorrow to let them know and going to throw DMV Monday to pick up my license.

Old 07-14-2016, 03:04 PM

114 posts, read 144,373 times
Hey guys ..... sorry I been away for a while. Final processing was on the 6th and everything is looking good. I start on Monday. I'm nervous and excited.

Any questions about anything just ask.

Old 07-14-2016, 03:37 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,394,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvosten View Post
Hey guys ..... sorry I been away for a while. Final processing was on the 6th and everything is looking good. I start on Monday. I'm nervous and excited.

On day 1 find Supervisor Urciuoli.....and kick him in the shin as hard as you can. He'll understand.

Best of luck, just soak it all in. Remember every garage is different so they may say XYZ but the garage you get sent to does ABC. Just go with the flow in your garage and be safe and you'll be fine.

Old 07-14-2016, 04:36 PM

101 posts, read 154,449 times
Did anyone take the roadtest in red hook? Any heads up?

Old 07-14-2016, 05:30 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,970,481 times
Quote:

Don't be nervous, judging by your posts on here you'll be fine... Your gonna see plenty of stupid people there, they come late, they ask dumb questions, they don't listen, don't be those people and you'll be fine... Listen, ask questions, always be early, and just enjoy he fact that you just started a really awesome job. I'll be there on Tuesday and wednesday training as well, it's gonna be a crowded week at the training facility! ... Oh and when you do your OJT in the field, keep whatever happens at the garage! New guys always for some reason like to go back to the training facility and blab to Chiefs about what they did

Old 07-14-2016, 05:59 PM

114 posts, read 144,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
On day 1 find Supervisor Urciuoli.....and kick him in the shin as hard as you can. He'll understand.

Best of luck, just soak it all in. Remember every garage is different so they may say XYZ but the garage you get sent to does ABC. Just go with the flow in your garage and be safe and you'll be fine.

I will do lol... yea I'm nervous and excited lol

Old 07-14-2016, 06:55 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,394,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikfleye3 View Post
Don't be nervous, judging by your posts on here you'll be fine... Your gonna see plenty of stupid people there, they come late, they ask dumb questions, they don't listen, don't be those people and you'll be fine... Listen, ask questions, always be early, and just enjoy he fact that you just started a really awesome job. I'll be there on Tuesday and wednesday training as well, it's gonna be a crowded week at the training facility! ... Oh and when you do your OJT in the field, keep whatever happens at the garage! New guys always for some reason like to go back to the training facility and blab to Chiefs about what they did
It NEVER FAILS

Chief: did you work hard on ojt doing relays?

Guy: we stopped in new Jersey and had a big dinner.

A day later

Guy: i don't know what i said wrong

Old 07-14-2016, 07:11 PM

3,738 posts, read 3,473,407 times
Quote:

Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City