Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2016, 12:06 PM

173 posts, read 262,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouse789 View Post
We only pull from emergency list on Saturday. How would your garage handle it if it happened on thurs?
Supposed to be off emrgency list if anyone jumps off after thursday..sunday list should b set by wednesday pm..but yea all garages have their own ways of doing things

Old 03-21-2016, 12:55 PM

80 posts, read 103,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
See case in point...every garage kind of ignores rules to have their own but as long as they're consistent the garage remains happy and no one usually cares
Emergency list comes into play on sat not Friday. Let's say the city adds a detail on Friday you just continue off your Sunday list. Somebody who was scheduled to work sun and goes sick sat you replace him with the emergency list. That's the rule!

Old 03-21-2016, 05:20 PM

31 posts, read 50,907 times
Jobs | City of New York

http://www1.nyc.gov/jobs

here is MORE

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/html/wo..._monthly.shtml

Last edited by bobw927; 03-21-2016 at 05:23 PM.. Reason: more info

Old 03-21-2016, 06:07 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,395,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Tech 1 View Post
Emergency list comes into play on sat not Friday. Let's say the city adds a detail on Friday you just continue off your Sunday list. Somebody who was scheduled to work sun and goes sick sat you replace him with the emergency list. That's the rule!
Incorrect, flagging has it correct above you. He's talking about someone agreeing to work a Sunday then backing out not new functions being added. At the boro level they want the workers on Thursday and once they have that list, any changes are supposed to be spot for spot at the emergency list. We have a little reference speech card we're supposed to read when a garage calls to tell us someone is backing out. Thing is....no garage ever calls and says that. They settle everything themselves in house, call the boro and say oh there was some confusion and this is how it is and the boro couldn't really care less as long as someone's there lol. Boro doesn't want say a middle guy jumping off abs having to rearrange the whole list as guys make new picks but good stewards deal with that easily.

Old 03-21-2016, 07:32 PM

80 posts, read 103,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
Incorrect, flagging has it correct above you. He's talking about someone agreeing to work a Sunday then backing out not new functions being added. At the boro level they want the workers on Thursday and once they have that list, any changes are supposed to be spot for spot at the emergency list. We have a little reference speech card we're supposed to read when a garage calls to tell us someone is backing out. Thing is....no garage ever calls and says that. They settle everything themselves in house, call the boro and say oh there was some confusion and this is how it is and the boro couldn't really care less as long as someone's there lol. Boro doesn't want say a middle guy jumping off abs having to rearrange the whole list as guys make new picks but good stewards deal with that easily.
I am not incorrect. The only time you use an emergency list is the day before. What does the boro give a **** if a guy backs out after close of business on wed how you replace them. I'm a steward 10 years I think I know.

Old 03-21-2016, 07:40 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,970,866 times
I don't know if I'm right or wrong, but I was taught garbage techs way... Any day before sat, comes off regular list, Saturday is emergency list... In both cases u go into spot that opened up, no reshuffling the shifts

Old 03-21-2016, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Tech 1 View Post
I am not incorrect. The only time you use an emergency list is the day before. What does the boro give a **** if a guy backs out after close of business on wed how you replace them. I'm a steward 10 years I think I know.
They don't care but it's what the department message officially lists as their SOP

Old 03-21-2016, 08:00 PM

I'll try to remember when I go back to work to take a picture of what they list in their teletype

Old 03-21-2016, 09:00 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,393,118 times
Quote:
but good stewards deal with that easily
That's the key right there. Our garage has guys that aren't good. Will leave at that.
Thanks for the info.

Old 03-21-2016, 10:05 PM

444 posts, read 700,655 times
well u gotta be 21 to get appointed right, lots of people under 21 took that job so there gonna get passed up until they reach 21. kinda works out to the same movement 6063 was going at a 3-1 rate .. so you figure they will get through around 1500 a year on the list. could be wrong wit this theory but hopeful
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.