Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2014, 08:37 AM

25,556 posts, read 24,196,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
No, they don't target hispanics at all.

That stupid documentary by Soledad O'Brien called "Black in America" was AGAIN focusing on the black people as though we are ONE FREAKING GROUP WITH NO MIND OR EXPERIENCES OF OUR OWN.

How come there isn't a "Hispanic in America"??

I lived in LA where to me the city seems over 80% latino. Yeah, there are other groups, but latinos dominate. LA talks about THEM all the time with no problem. They rarely talk about blacks, unless it's something super major.

I really wish black people would STOP allowing themselves to be interviewed, documented, prodded and examined by these people, so that they can focus on other groups.
Part of the problem is the way some Black people talk. The person will say all Black people like this or that, when the reality is they are speaking of their friends or about themselves personally. That makes it sound those particularly Black people think that Blacks have no individual minds of their own. For instance, an idiot who can't swim will say Black people can't swim (this is bull****, I'm a very good swimmer). Perhaps this is internalized racism or self hate or just the product of the marginalization that occurred pre civil rights that some people have passed on to their children. Or maybe some people are just dumb, as clearly you have idiots in all groups.

The people that I know who talk like this are usually AAs from the South or ghetto hoodlums from big cities. Generally working Black people in major cities have been around enough Black people from all around the world to know we're culturally, religiously, and linguistically diverse (and for those reasons alone are not the borg, lol).

Old 08-12-2014, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Brown View Post
Thank you! Through the years plenty of their white counterparts would get a "pass" from the police for those same petty offenses. "Johnny, give me that joint and go home before I bust you". "Derrick you're under arrest for illegal possession of marijuana, your black ass is going to jail tonight"
A first time offender would generally get a ACD. All he or she has to do is avoid trouble for the next 6 months and one's record is cleaned. Even if one is busted, unless the person is a repeat offender they will generally get ACD and this is true for people of all races.

Old 08-12-2014, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Hmmm, I wonder where the original poster of this thread went?
Too much logic was applied, so when things got good they bailed out.

Old 08-12-2014, 08:41 AM

939 posts, read 802,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cityscape_545 View Post
Do you think NYC leadership should offer special job training programs to black men who reside in the boroughs? If the city doesn't do anything, the crime rate in the areas with the highest levels of unemployment may very well explode.
The crime level will explode anyway. The problem resides in peoples hearts, and the gov't cannot solve that problem.

Old 08-12-2014, 08:44 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,357,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nywriterdude View Post
a first time offender would generally get a acd. All he or she has to do is avoid trouble for the next 6 months and one's record is cleaned. Even if one is busted, unless the person is a repeat offender they will generally get acd and this is true for people of all races.
acd?

Old 08-12-2014, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
RACISM...but they are too ashamed to admit it. Every time one talks about the growing problem of white poverty or dysfunction, they squash that topic. Well at 30% NON HISPANIC white out of wedlock births are HIGHER than were the case for blacks in the early 60s when Moynihan became concerned about his phenomenon. Heroin abuse is a WHITE thing and with drug abuse comes other dysfunction.
But one would think that all the social ills of the USA are confined to blacks, and that every black is part of this problem. The fact that 70% of blacks have NEVER been on welfare doesn't interest them, as it is better to portray blacks to be welfare dependent bums.
Well, remember what you said about the Caribbean? That marriage was for middle class people in the early 20th century and the working class was full of men who claimed to have 30 kids in 5 countries (and who would only know the name of 10)? That's happening for poorer people in the US.

Basically, how does one get married when one can't figure out how to have a stable living situation or has no prospect of some sort of stability. The economic downtown has increased this for certain people.

How is a how immigrant person living 20 to an apartment and who may not even make the minimum wage going to get married and get their own apartment or house (I am not claiming all immigrants get stuck in this position, but there are those that do)? How is a white person who can't advance beyond crappy bartender jobs (keeping in mind many bars in the city continue to close as the space they cover is utilized for different things) supposed to be able to adequately plan for maintaining a household with a spouse/partner when they don't have a stable future?

Old 08-12-2014, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
The crime level will explode anyway. The problem resides in peoples hearts, and the gov't cannot solve that problem.
The crime level exploding resides in your HEAD!

Old 08-12-2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Brown View Post
And is the discussion based on WHITE people abusing heroin or just plain old heroin abuse in the suburbs? Is anybody making up threads saying why are WHITE kids in the suburbs getting strung out and what can the WHITE community do to "get their act together"??
Staten Island is the center of heroin use in NYC, so no need to go to the suburbs for that. Staten Island is the whitest borough and by the NY Times own admission, the center of heroin use.

Old 08-12-2014, 08:52 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,407,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Staten Island is the center of heroin use in NYC, so no need to go to the suburbs for that. Staten Island is the whitest borough and by the NY Times own admission, the center of heroin use.
There was already a thread on that as well.

Old 08-12-2014, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Hmmm, I wonder where the original poster of this thread went?
I will say that I do think part of the problem on this thread is you have some angry, frustrated white racist who are clearly low income/minimum wage and without any class themselves who clearly have less income and less everything than the Blacks on this thread. They don't want to admit that they are rock bottom, so they are obsessed in creating a Black borg monster so they can say at least all those people are poorer than me.

The hatred of public sector unions is because those Blacks in public sector unions have houses, cars, retirement, vacations, things these racists clearly don't have in their disposable private sector jobs. And no, these racists are not the types to get an operations job on Wall Street (you can make around 100k or more on certain positions) as they haven't the education OR the social skills. Many of them are not even in NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City