Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2013, 11:08 AM

35 posts, read 84,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
YOur 26 YEARS OLD! what are you still doing living off your family anyways. Try being a grown up. You have been for 8 years now.
I've been WORKING...helping my mother to raise my youngest brother, pay rent and all of the outstanding bills for years. Its unfortunate that she's not helping me back. There you have it. Satisfied? Learn to stop jumping to conclusions about someone you don't know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 11:11 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,404,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithrose View Post
SMH. Out of all the things you could've been doing today..you decide to log on here and intentionally try to hurt someone's feelings.
Ok. Way to not address the statement.

In any case, I would advise (truly, not sarcastically or meanly) that you stay exactly where you are right now unless someone is being physically or sexually abused (in which case, I would call the cops).

Old 08-13-2013, 11:16 AM

163 posts, read 484,956 times
faithrose, there is no need for you to explain your personal circumstances, just take the positive comments and ignore the negative you'll be at this the whole day!! Best of Luck to you and your soon to be bundle of joy!! that's what children are a God's gift and if you pray with faith God will help you..

Old 08-13-2013, 11:17 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,056,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Don't even worry. She will be too busy standing in line for food stamps with her hand out asking for money. I give it a year before "nice smile" knocks her up again.

Pregnancy is an optional situation.
That's kind of rude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
YOur 26 YEARS OLD! what are you still doing living off your family anyways. Try being a grown up. You have been for 8 years now.
You also need to understand that NYC is also an expensive city, from housing, to utilities to even child care costs. Lets say the op makes 32k a year, how is she supposed to be for part of her tuition. rent, child care services if she lives alone? Not an easy thing to do. Obviously like what Spiderman said, Great power comes with great responsibility. The op should just hang in there. In the mean time

http://www.amny.com/urbanite-1.81203...tudy-1.3878804

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
I am also 26 and I have had many many boyfriends and managed never to get pregnant. smh.
You are an Transplant. I don't know much Transplant women who get pregnant because they are still trying to figure out an career but still sleep with helpless other college educated men in hip trendy areas of Manhattan. Many Transplant women overdose on birth control pills. I only know two Transplant women who got pregnant and had to move back to the Midwest so they can get physical and not monetary help from family to help raise the kids. Transplant idea of sex and having a family is far different than an average native New Yorker who do not plan for the future. You guys prefer planned pregnancies, while with local women it just happens. Didn't know women back in Ohio do the same stuff as local NYC women, no wonder you left your state. Hmm who knew!

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/18/us...lure.html?_r=0

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 08-13-2013 at 11:26 AM..

Old 08-13-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Ok. Way to not address the statement.

In any case, I would advise (truly, not sarcastically or meanly) that you stay exactly where you are right now unless someone is being physically or sexually abused (in which case, I would call the cops).
There you go...you gave me some nice friendly advice WITHOUT criticizing me, making rude assumptions about my life or who I am as a person. I have a brother with extreme anger problems...he is not scared to put his hands on me like he did 2 weeks ago. He curses on a daily basis, he is demanding, has a hoarding tendency etc etc. Its getting to the point where I am unable to concentrate or make room for my new child. My mother won't kick him out because she thinks she can help him

Old 08-13-2013, 11:21 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,993,609 times
Quote:
There you go...you gave me some nice friendly advice WITHOUT criticizing me or making rude assumptions about my life and who I am as a person. I have a brother with extreme anger problems...he is not scared to put his hands on me like he did 2 weeks ago. He curses on a daily basis, he is demanding, has a hoarding tendency etc etc.
If you tell caseworkers that you've a violent, brother, that's domestic abuse right there. Definitely tell any and all caseworkers and women's groups about this. Your situation is pretty severe and you are pregnant.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
That's kind of rude.

You also need to understand that NYC is also an expensive city, from housing, to utilities to even child care costs. Lets say the op makes 32k a year, how is she supposed to be for part of her tuition. rent, child care services if she lives alone? Not an easy thing to do. Obviously like what Spiderman said, Great power comes with great responsibility. The op should just hang in their
She says she has a violent, abusive brother. While there are at least two sides to every store, I also know its not always best to stay with family. I knew a guy who went to jail for raping and impregnating his OWN DAUGHTERS. I've known other situations of emotional and physical and sexual abuse to happen within families. How can you tell someone to hang in there with their family when you don't know the person's family?

Old 08-13-2013, 11:24 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,404,948 times
Quote:
There you go...you gave me some nice friendly advice WITHOUT criticizing me, making rude assumptions about my life or who I am as a person. I have a brother with extreme anger problems...he is not scared to put his hands on me like he did 2 weeks ago. He curses on a daily basis, he is demanding, has a hoarding tendency etc etc. Its getting to the point where I am unable to concentrate or make room for my new child. My mother won't kick him out because she thinks she can help him
He puts his hands on you again and you call the cops.
Seriously.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Seriously.
And after that she needs to do speak to a caseworker who deals with abused women. It doesn't sound like things are swell with her mother, either. There's often a lot more than meets the eye going on in these situations, which is why I often say the best people to deal with them are professionals who can handle this case objectively.

Most of the people here went into emotional hysterics on welfare, or on tangents like stay with your family, marry your boyfriend, why have a baby, or other such nonsense which had nothing to do with the OP and everything to do with their own personal issues.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Seriously.
I might have to right now. I'm on the computer and he demands that I get off. Here he goes with calling me a *****, saying "**** you" and other obscenities. Another day of this constant chaos in this house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City