Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2013, 12:19 PM

297 posts, read 729,608 times

Advertisements

Is it the Hudson line that I would take to get me from Tarrytown to Grand Central?

Sorry in advance for the stupid question
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 01:15 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,478,433 times
yes. Go here:

http://as0.mta.info/mnr/schedules/sched_form.cfm

click all schedules if you want to see the schedule for all trains of the day.

Old 04-12-2013, 10:03 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,397,852 times
Be sure to buy your ticket online or at a machine at the station as purchasing it on the train will be at the highest effective rate from Tarrytown to GCT.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 02-26-2014, 07:54 AM

1 posts, read 14,269 times
I'm confused. When I checked the schedule for the Hudson Line, I saw that the train leaves Tarrytown at 9:40 and again at 10:15 AM. But when I tried the link given above, I get a message that currently there are no trains leaving Tarrytown for NYC at those times. What are my options for leaving Tarrytown in the morning to go to the city and returning in the late afternoon or early evening? Do I have to drive to White Plains? I will be in Tarrytown on June 23-25 and would like to go into the city on the 23-24.

Old 02-26-2014, 09:41 AM

2,848 posts, read 7,579,893 times
If you are putting in dates for June, it may not be in the system yet.

I can see train times putting in dates for up to the week of May 3rd only, any later dates come up with no trains, which makes me think the system just doesn't go out that far.

May 3rd is also a Monday, and there are 2 trains an hour, including the times you mention: 9:15, 9:40, and 10:15.

Old 02-26-2014, 12:53 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,397,852 times
You can always just refer to the basic timetable as Metro-North has regular service, though a particular train could be canceled due to some unforeseen track or mechanical problems; however, such a case is rare. Weekday and weekend schedules do not generally vary, so what you would find for the same day/time now would be the same as in June.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City