Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 02:15 PM

669 posts, read 1,273,241 times

Advertisements

I don't know the details on what went on in LI with the the arena they wanted but someone was telling me they were gonna build a huge entertainment complex in that arena to surround the arena and build some excitement and vibrancy into the area but the residence shot it down due to taxes, traffic, and too much noise. Ive been to that area around the old arena and it's trash very badly designed big unwalkable streets with no signs of life besides Hofstra University.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 02:19 PM

594 posts, read 1,633,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Lol hadn't really checked out the logo like that but they are gonna have to modify it...
This one please!!

But maybe change it to black and white and put Brooklyn above Islanders. That would be hot.

Old 10-25-2012, 02:44 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,448,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC1981 View Post
This one please!!

But maybe change it to black and white and put Brooklyn above Islanders. That would be hot.
The logo and name will remain the same (they SHOULD modify it though to include Brooklyn and Queens). I'm 85% sure they will also keep the same colors because that's our (NYC) official colors.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:03 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuddedLeather View Post
The logo and name will remain the same (they SHOULD modify it though to include Brooklyn and Queens). I'm 85% sure they will also keep the same colors because that's our (NYC) official colors.
True blue orange and white are NYC official colors, majority of NYC sports team has blue and white in them, Knicks and Mets have blue orange and white uniform. These colors go back since Dutch occupation of the this area 400 years ago.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:05 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Hate to see the NHL move the Islanders just to be part of the Brooklyn fad...
The sad part is that fads and trends die out, If I was an investor investing in the Brooklyn trendy fad, I would make me money and run before the fad dies out! The Bronx might be an label across the concious of millions of Americans, from the term Bronx Zoo to the Bronx Bombers, but Brooklyn being a fad is a huge joke!

Old 10-25-2012, 03:21 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,235,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC1981 View Post
This one please!!

The Ranger Fans called this the Gortons fisherman.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:27 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,448,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
The sad part is that fads and trends die out, If I was an investor investing in the Brooklyn trendy fad, I would make me money and run before the fad dies out! The Bronx might be an label across the concious of millions of Americans, from the term Bronx Zoo to the Bronx Bombers, but Brooklyn being a fad is a huge joke!
The funny/sad thing is Brooklyn has always been 'cool' in the eyes of us natives (over 100+ years). Everyone else is JUST starting to catch on to that though. Hence why natives don't really care about it 'dying' because we've been there before. Though I don't think Brooklyn can ever become the underdog again because it's become (or becoming) 'mainstream' and prominent. Too much development and investments to allow that to happen.

The next time Brooklyn 'dies' it would have secured it's title already as a place not to overlook, a heavyweight in a sense.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:09 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,246,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshd9124 View Post
I don't know the details on what went on in LI with the the arena they wanted but someone was telling me they were gonna build a huge entertainment complex in that arena to surround the arena and build some excitement and vibrancy into the area but the residence shot it down due to taxes, traffic, and too much noise. Ive been to that area around the old arena and it's trash very badly designed big unwalkable streets with no signs of life besides Hofstra University.
Like Detroit.

Old 02-06-2017, 04:33 AM

91 posts, read 76,939 times
Funny u say DAT cause I'm one of them plus I can vouch for like 90% of my big town Danbury CT that there all the same

Old 02-06-2017, 10:29 AM

3,614 posts, read 1,734,707 times
Reading through this thread reminded me of a wedding and rewatching the video of the reception and looking at the pictures of everyone happy and smiling. So much hope in their eyes as I look back reminiscing as I prepare to burn them in a dumpster fire. Less than 5 years later, GET THE **** OUT! Another failed marriage. Looks like the divorce proceeding will take roughly 2 years. Typical for divorce in the big city.

WHO WANT'S FISH STICKS? No one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City