Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 08:56 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,313,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nykiddo718718 View Post
True, but also between two rapid transit lines. POV.
I guess. I just happened to see cops with guns drawn in those projects a couple weeks ago. Made me feel like the location isn't so ideal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 09:02 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,863,774 times
What are those "rapid transit lines" in Bushwick?

Old 06-26-2013, 09:07 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,313,805 times
I think he is referring to the J and the L.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:53 AM

145 posts, read 307,101 times
That area (around the old brewery on Stanwix) is a lot better than it used to be when I moved there in 2007. Still crappy, though. The number of projects and other run down public housing in that hood is depressing.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:40 PM

10,066 posts, read 14,439,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BXGEAR View Post
^No. He is a real estate agent trying to hype the neighborhood.
I just saw this comment, what, 6 years later LOL...I was a rental/sales agent at the time, but lived in Williamsburg. Now I go to Bushwick a lot for the gallery/arts/nightlife scene.

It has CHANGED bigtime...so I was right with all my hype -- at least partially. It's still a neighborhood where crime meets change and poverty meets trust fund kids, but at least it's hopefully changing a neighborhood mostly for the better.

Old 06-28-2013, 12:11 PM

273 posts, read 672,755 times
Ah, I disagree. I have been to Kosciusko Street St and walked there from Woodhull. Most of the housing is a bit bland - vinyl sided houses a few brownstones , but here is what I found:

Skytown Cafe - wonderful cafe,bar, and music performance space, multicultural though a bit heavy on the Williamsburg hipster look, very friendly place.
Bushwick Farms - Chicken coops with the healthiest hens and roosters , natural honey sold and a larger lot for farms farther on. They take empty lots and turn them into organic farms. Very cool.
Vendors selling jewelry and books outside Woodhull Hospital was pleasant and there were a few ethnic eateries worth exploring.
Normal teenage neighborhood kids just kidding around and enjoying the summer day and being respectful

Yes, shopping options are limited and it has not gotten hip like other parts of Bushwick.

I would say it is not an area to live if you are NOT street savvy, but I would not consider it a no-go zone.

Again, East New York is not all bad - see my other posts about the areas hugging Highland Park, east of Bushwick. Remote but overall, crime is not high there.

Old 09-27-2014, 10:37 PM

3 posts, read 1,632 times
And yet houses are still selling at rapid speed along the jmz line at Gates for over 1 million. Who Is Buying them?? It's not that easy to get a mortgage for that amount unless you have 25% down & more likely all cash! Pre bubble they were giving them .this is,simply a case of brooklyn branding combined with the last housing stock relatively close to nyc. I don't want to feed into it but I want a nice house/investment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City