Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 10:05 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,422,752 times

Advertisements

please do not move to eastern crown heights. If you do your pretty much saying that you wouldnt mind living in brownsville.

Western crown heights seems to be the place to be, and changing. Crime is still a issue but its not a issue to a level that might effect you unless your flashy.

But like i said stay away from anything east of kington avenue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 10:09 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,422,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodmaster View Post
Safe? I worked somewhere close to there and i doubt it much different from Crown Heights. I only worked there for a week and didn't seem to have a lot of crimes activity but I did noticed a lot of police during the night. Almost every block and in gangs. So something must be up. And when I looked at the saftey map on this forum, it was colored in as orange and red.
Crown heights is a higher then average crime area. Most people fail to tell new comers this because they want to see the change in crown heights grow. Now i do not disagree with what they are doing but its also a bit misleading.

franklin avenue is still a hot block for drug dealers and gangs. Also franklin avenue south of eastern parkway is as hood as it gets. Franklin north of the parkway is much better and is really a change from the past.

But what i also notice that people seem to think that crown heights is only franklin avenue. People forget utica ave, rochester ave are also crown heights, and those areas east of kingston avenue arent far from their brownsville rep. Especially by kingsborough housing projects.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:39 AM

917 posts, read 2,006,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
Crown heights is a higher then average crime area. Most people fail to tell new comers this because they want to see the change in crown heights grow. Now i do not disagree with what they are doing but its also a bit misleading.

franklin avenue is still a hot block for drug dealers and gangs. Also franklin avenue south of eastern parkway is as hood as it gets. Franklin north of the parkway is much better and is really a change from the past.

But what i also notice that people seem to think that crown heights is only franklin avenue. People forget utica ave, rochester ave are also crown heights, and those areas east of kingston avenue arent far from their brownsville rep. Especially by kingsborough housing projects.
The closer you get to utica and rochester ave the worst the area is.

I was by Franklin Ave and St John's and the area has really changed.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:52 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,413,244 times
are only rich people moving back to
what are now the ghettos of the city?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City