Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2012, 06:06 AM

24 posts, read 76,470 times

Advertisements

Working in Norwalk and plan to take the Metro North to work. Does anyone know of any buildings that are pet-friendly within walking distance to Grand Central. I need a one bedroom and I am looking to spend between $2500 - $3200. Is that possible in the area? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 11:38 AM

25,424 posts, read 37,189,609 times
I don't think you could do much better than a rental at Tudor City. Its an IMMENSE complex, a very desirable neighborhood and a 10 minute walk from Grand Central.

Here's a pile of them:

Tudor City Apartments For Rent and other Tudor City Rentals — Trulia.com

And some, even 2 BR's, are well withing your price range.

I am not sure about pet policy, but I really doubt it is very restrictive.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:48 AM

10,914 posts, read 31,456,592 times
NY Bits has lists of buildings that are pet friendly by neighborhood. Closer to the higher end of your range, you should be within 1BR territory that's pet friendly in Midtown East, Kips Bay, or Murray Hill. The lower end of your range might only be enough for a studio, but it depends upon the building, as you may find a listing where the landlord will consider pets, depending upon the size, breed, deposit, etc., even if not expressly advertised as a pet friendly property. I would ask the broker about that when calling to inquire about any apartments that you were to find, and/or, I would look at the list of management companies on NY Bits and track down buildings in the area and make inquiries through the in-house leasing staff.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 05-22-2012, 12:04 PM

I believe Tudor City only allows cats if you are not an owner. Thanks.

Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I don't think you could do much better than a rental at Tudor City. Its an IMMENSE complex, a very desirable neighborhood and a 10 minute walk from Grand Central.

Here's a pile of them:

Tudor City Apartments For Rent and other Tudor City Rentals — Trulia.com

And some, even 2 BR's, are well withing your price range.

I am not sure about pet policy, but I really doubt it is very restrictive.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:48 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,718,516 times
Best advice..move to Connecticut. Save on your commute and stop wasting money on overpriced rentals.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:13 PM

In theory I agree with you. However:

a) My fiance works in Manhattan, so there is that to consider
b) We always wanted to live in the city for a couple of years

Long-term, we would look at Westchester County since it would be relatively convenient for both of us.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Best advice..move to Connecticut. Save on your commute and stop wasting money on overpriced rentals.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:48 PM

4,035 posts, read 10,312,016 times
You might want to open it up a bit to something on the 6 Train, which has a stop within Grand Central. Kips Bay and Murray Hill are close, it's likely to be a 20 minute walk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City