Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 05:25 AM

43,659 posts, read 44,385,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Can I presume that you are called to serve only in the borough in which you live? So nobody living in Manhattan can be called to serve in Brooklyn?
One only has to serve in the borough one lives in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 05:26 AM

43,659 posts, read 44,385,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieMarcuse View Post
I just received a jury duty notice for the Supreme Court of NY for a date when I am on vacation out of the country. They claim I have postponed 3x already and also said I was "previously absent". This is 100 % untrue but how can I prove that? While I don't like serving, I believe it is my responsibility....even though it is hard for me because I am a psychologist working with many suicidal patients. I must be responsible to them too, so I often work til midnight after jury duty, seeing my patients. I am a totally reliable person...would NEVER "no show"...but how can I find out my last date of service...I do recall a check for $40.00. The last time I was called to sit on a jury they let me go...felt a psychologist was too risky...hard to predict how I would vote...lawyers dislike that. How can I prove I did not postpone 3x already...this is outrageous because it is not true. My mail is very reliable. How can I get a first postponement since they are claiming it would be my fourth? Please advise me? Is there a number to call or do I need to go down there sometime before I leave on vacation on 7/20/2012. I find this all very distressing. Julie Marcuse, Ph.D.
If you can't change the dates of your vacation, I suggest you contact them directly but don't ignore them since they are claiming that you have already postponed or were absent in the past.

Old 09-25-2014, 11:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,657 times
i have gotten two jury questionnaires from the NY southern court system
for my dad that passed on in 2006
i sent the first one back- marked it Dead
but this week he got another one
doe not anyone at the court read anything
i mean a second jury questionnaire for a man
who died 7 years ago

Old 09-25-2014, 07:25 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,683,123 times
send the court a typed letter explaining that your father has passed in 2006, along with the questionnaire and to contact you if they have further questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City