Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 07:48 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,172,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
Frank/Lexington.....good spot, although a few blocks north is LG!

Clinton Hill, overall, is a very good nabe!
What is LG? Thought it might mean Lefferts Gardens, but Lefferts Gardens in actually south and not very near this intersection, so I guess that's not what you mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 11:22 AM

20 posts, read 99,378 times
Thank you for your positive response and yes, I did mean Parsons NOT Pratt. I wish he was going to Pratt, it would be so much closer; however, he knows that he will have a long commute, but he can't afford Manhattan and he really, really doesn't want to live in a dorm again. He did that for four years already back home and he has done that for summer school at Parsons as well. Thanks again!

Oh, one more thing what housing project and could you tellme what LG is? I am not familiar with New York abreviations. Thank you.

Also thank you Riverdog and all the others for all your good advice. I will pass it on to the boys.

As an aside, not everyone can be brought up in tough neighborhoods and learn hard things from a young age (he's been lucky in that he hasn't had to), neither can all "softies from the Midwest" afford nice safe neighborhoods in Upper East Side Manhattan. He can only afford so much and he wants to go to Parsons School of Design because they don't offer what he wants to study back here in the Midwest. That's the way it goes.....I am hoping for the best.

Last edited by lbjohnson; 07-18-2007 at 11:32 AM..

Old 07-18-2007, 12:17 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,686,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
What is LG? Thought it might mean Lefferts Gardens, but Lefferts Gardens in actually south and not very near this intersection, so I guess that's not what you mean.
Lafayette Gardens Houses.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:33 PM

1,529 posts, read 2,806,328 times
You people are HORRIBLE.

Clinton Hill is another name for Bed-stuy. Real estate jargon to hide the fact it is a known high crime neighborhood. Technically Clinton Hill is just supposed to be the western edge but real estate are trying to push the name. I'm starting to think some of you people have real estate interest in this area.

Franklin and Lafayette. Sorry but look elseware. Here is a big hint, there is a large housing project complex across the street.

Last edited by Hustla718; 07-18-2007 at 03:42 PM..

Old 07-18-2007, 04:14 PM

20 posts, read 99,378 times
Hustla718: Thanks for your input, and as far as I know from sitting here in Mpls. it might not make any difference, but the street intersections are Franklin and Lexington, not Franklin and Lafayette. Hope this is a bit better.

Old 07-18-2007, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjohnson View Post
Hustla718: Thanks for your input, and as far as I know from sitting here in Mpls. it might not make any difference, but the street intersections are Franklin and Lexington, not Franklin and Lafayette. Hope this is a bit better.
Check out the condition of the neighborhood for yourself. Here is an aerial:

Live Local Search

Old 07-18-2007, 05:16 PM

Yo, Hustla,

Clinton Hill is NOT a bad neighborhood. NOT!

Take it from a Brooklyn native......NOT!

And for the Clinton Hill seeker, quite a bit of shops on Myrtle Avenue. Oh, yeah, Kum Kau's got the best Chinese food in Brooklyn.

And Dekalb's got plenty of bars and shops as well. There's a good South African spot called Madeba's'.

Old 07-18-2007, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
Yo, Hustla,

Clinton Hill is NOT a bad neighborhood. NOT!

Take it from a Brooklyn native......NOT!

And for the Clinton Hill seeker, quite a bit of shops on Myrtle Avenue. Oh, yeah, Kum Kau's got the best Chinese food in Brooklyn.

And Dekalb's got plenty of bars and shops as well. There's a good South African spot called Madeba's'.
Clinton Hill might not that bad an area, but it's proximity to Bed-stuy is a problem. A lot of real estate people are pushing to sell Bed-stuy properties and call it Clinton Hill.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustla718 View Post
Clinton Hill might not that bad an area, but it's proximity to Bed-stuy is a problem. A lot of real estate people are pushing to sell Bed-stuy properties and call it Clinton Hill.
Wrong again, my friend! Prox to Bed Stuy is not a problem! Even St. James and Fulton (Biggie's old block) is not a problem anymore (that's clinton hill, by the way, NOT Bed Stuy!)

And the boundaries of bed-stuy and clinton hill are well known. Realtors will have a hard time getting away with calling one nabe another!

Old 07-19-2007, 10:02 AM

314 posts, read 493,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustla718 View Post
Check out the condition of the neighborhood for yourself. Here is an aerial:

Live Local Search
i think i saw someone get stabbed when i accessed this link. he looked like a white kid from the midwest. i almost felt bad....but, then i remembered that outsiders are ruining my city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City