Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2010, 06:21 PM

239 posts, read 724,083 times

Advertisements

Not sure if its more of a Fort Greene or Clinton Hill neighborhood. Im guessing its probably both since the 2 neighborhoods are close.

Also what do you think about Myrtle Avenue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 06:24 PM

34,043 posts, read 47,252,748 times
myrtle avenue is a very long street that passes through neighborhoods in brooklyn and queens, clinton hill and fort greene being two of them.

as for the avenue itself, it has a lot of new bars and restaurants. it could be a cool place to spend a saturday evening.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-24-2010, 07:11 PM

650 posts, read 2,517,109 times
I think Vanderbilt Ave is the border dividing those 2 nabes

Old 05-24-2010, 07:22 PM

34,043 posts, read 47,252,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pureistheword View Post
I think Vanderbilt Ave is the border dividing those 2 nabes
it is

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-01-2010, 03:36 PM

4 posts, read 11,874 times
Myrtle Avenue is very long and runs through Downtown Brooklyn, Fort Greene, Clinton Hill, Bushwick and even into Queens!

Old 08-03-2011, 09:54 AM

74 posts, read 295,128 times
Oh My, Myrtle Ave in Brooklyn.

I got talked into renting a large loft-style apartment there in 2000 (before the Towers came down) and I regretted it! The apt was within walking distance of the C/G train, and also the Chase Metro Tech (where I was working at the time).

I was a young 20's single white woman, and it was Ghetto living for me. My neighbor downtairs stole something that I accidently left in our private staircase for 20 minutes. There was constantly grafitti on our door. Scary people buying and selling on the street.... The noise from the street and the sirens made it hard to sleep.

Unless things have really really changed- I would stay away.

Old 08-03-2011, 02:37 PM

4 posts, read 11,874 times
It's so true, at one point Myrtle Avenue was dubbed "Murder Avenue", but has since changed DRASTICALLY!! New condos and modern rentals are popping up along Myrtle Avenue in addition to new restaurants, bars and cafes and due to gentrification it has really become a bit yuppified. Trust...it's so much safer now!

Old 08-03-2011, 03:42 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,807,338 times
I don't know about that... maybe along the clinton hill/fort greene neighborhoods but once you get to the borderline of what I believe is east williamsburg down to bushwick and borderline Ridgewood its pretty ghetto... Along the east williamsburg/bed-stuy/bushwick border there is some diversity though its still majority minorities but it is overall still really run-down with graffitti everywhere and boarded up buildings and alot of shady folk walking around at night time even though shops are closed... Tbh, there are some clean cut folk that walk around myrtle at night time (maybe 2 or 3 that I saw) but they are the exception and I personally think they're crazy walking out there... It's like they feel that since they show no fear of living in the hood they'll be okay... like the folks that live there are dogs and only attack when they sense fear... fact is myrtle typically along those areas is still sketchy even though, as was already stated, it is much safer than it used to be...

Old 08-03-2011, 04:11 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,008,037 times
It's not worth it IMO...moved from the area about 5 years ago. The only truly gentrified area around Myrtle is where Pratt institute is. The rest sucks. The only good thing is that crime is at an all time low there...and by crime I'm talking about violent crime...but there is still a lot of riff raff there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: