Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 10:40 AM

26 posts, read 85,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyntookit View Post
HandleX.....if you can go up to 2200 I would honestly do that.Its going to open up alot more options.Also,keep in mind that Real Estate brokers like to blur the lines of the most saught after nabes(as henna eluded to)the only way to know for sure is to know the areas your looking at very well.Brokers call parts of Bed Stuy "clinton hill" and parts of Crown Heights "prospect Heights.Now a nice place is a nice place.Most any nabe in Brooklyn will have great places to live but if you end up seeing apts for rent on 5th ave and 20th st reffered to Park Slope....well....its not.So if you can,search the borders of each nabe your interested in on google.NOT REAL ESTATE BORDERS.But real borders.It may take a little grunt work and checking a few forums but youll find them.Then when you look at an apt on craigs list,find out the cross streets or adress.google map it street view it etc.Overall though,physically seeing these places would be best.Do the right prep work and move to NY.You wont regret it.Even if you end up in the wrong nabe(wrong for you that is).Its only a year lease most the time so it will give you time to line something up.Thats how i did it.Let me know if you have any other questions.
hey thanks for the input. i like your idea on the "borders" so that i can understand what/where i am getting into. any idea on where the borders actually lie or where would i find the answers to this question?

again, not the real estate borders as you mention, but more of the "actual" borders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2010, 12:27 PM

25 posts, read 103,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandleX View Post
hey thanks for the input. i like your idea on the "borders" so that i can understand what/where i am getting into. any idea on where the borders actually lie or where would i find the answers to this question?

again, not the real estate borders as you mention, but more of the "actual" borders.
yeah i been looking too

Old 11-30-2010, 02:08 PM

25 posts, read 103,541 times
Here is the link City of Neighborhoods - New York City Department of City Planning

Old 11-30-2010, 02:21 PM

34,174 posts, read 47,434,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandleX View Post

Crown Heights
north: atlantic avenue
south: empire boulevard/east new york avenue
east: ralph avenue
west: classon avenue

Prospect Heights
north: atlantic avenue
south: eastern parkway
east: classon avenue
west: flatbush avenue

Bed-Stuy
north: flushing avenue/broadway
south: atlantic avenue
east: rockaway avenue
west: classon avenue

Clinton Hill
north: flushing avenue
east: classon avenue
west: vanderbilt avenue

Fort Greene
north: flushing avenue
east: vanderbilt avenue
west: flatbush avenue

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-03-2010, 10:02 AM

26 posts, read 85,595 times
thanks a lot sevent floor.

i also found this - seems helpful....

Official New York City Maps and NYC Borough and Neighborhood Guides, Subway Maps, Bus Maps, Bike Maps / nycgo.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City