Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2013, 09:32 PM

1 posts, read 2,809 times

Advertisements

311 noise complaint doesn't protect resident at all. We need a bill to pass in order to protect resident of NYC and environment as well from noise. Bill should explain what size of speaker you'll be allowed to play music when A small party is going on. The violator/s should get summons and fine to protect resident and environment. Because kids can't do their home work when loud music on and elderly people get sick even heart pain of loud music.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 02:35 AM

1,418 posts, read 2,547,770 times
Calling to complain about noise is a joke. Get over it. Cops aren;t supposed to manage noise pollution.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:55 PM

151 posts, read 404,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertee View Post
Calling to complain about noise is a joke. Get over it. Cops aren;t supposed to manage noise pollution.

Agreed. Come on guys, give me a break. Noise complaints? In a MAJOR city with 8 million people? Of course you will have noise. And how could police respond to every noise complaint? Can you imagine in this city how many noise complaints they probably get in a day?

Old 10-09-2013, 10:09 PM

1 posts, read 2,459 times
I also gree , 311 , commuinty affars , Debby Rose the whole 120 prct is a joke when it come to noise complaints. i Live on westervelt ave for 20 years the people across are all from project hospitality .and its always a party . come by winter ave on any night . people have no respect for anyone the music the drinking the noise till all hours. the police come and they all laugh it goes down for a minute and right back up. i'm not poor how about i buy club seakes and play ac/ dc all night. I give up .its time to move. its a sh t hole . no one cares about working people who have to get up at 5am. if it was the south shore this would not happen. they never clean up the hood . guess jersey st is a good place to get their felony busts. why clean it up I pray for winter and cold weather . its quiet then . moving soon maybe fla . were you can shoot a prick .

Old 10-10-2013, 10:21 AM

18,473 posts, read 31,648,692 times
It is a sin that people have to even complain about noise, but sometime you just have too.
If people were more considerate of others, people wouldn't have to complain.

No, the city workers shouldn't be jack hammering at 2am.
No, my neighbors shouldn't be blasting music at midnight.
No, cars shouldn't be blasting music parked in front of my home at 2am
No, people walking down the street at 1am, shouldn't be screaming at each other.

simple things that people have no regards for consideration

No, the sanitation workers should be yelling at each other at 7am on a Saturday morning during pick up.

we just have so many inconsiderate people living here

Old 10-10-2013, 10:23 AM

18,473 posts, read 31,648,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyo4311 View Post
I also gree , 311 , commuinty affars , Debby Rose the whole 120 prct is a joke when it come to noise complaints. i Live on westervelt ave for 20 years the people across are all from project hospitality .and its always a party . come by winter ave on any night . people have no respect for anyone the music the drinking the noise till all hours. the police come and they all laugh it goes down for a minute and right back up. i'm not poor how about i buy club seakes and play ac/ dc all night. I give up .its time to move. its a sh t hole . no one cares about working people who have to get up at 5am. if it was the south shore this would not happen. they never clean up the hood . guess jersey st is a good place to get their felony busts. why clean it up I pray for winter and cold weather . its quiet then . moving soon maybe fla . were you can shoot a prick .

I know exactly where this is, and it is a low class ghetto area, what would you expect?, my friend lived on Layton, 3 blocks away in the 80's, it was ghetto then, and it hasn't improved not one tad.

and then they wonder why people thing the things they do about the pj's

Old 10-13-2013, 09:49 AM

1 posts, read 2,424 times
Default noise and fights.

You better off calling 911 because by the time 311 gives them the complaint someone is getting beat up I seen it to many times. Or the police gets there when everything is over and someone is either hurt or killed.They come out these after hour lounge and come out drunk as f**ks and either kill someone or themselves. My car just got hit and run and it eas parked from from one of thesr jerks.Thats why it's good to have camera.people don't know how to drink and act nowadays thst why so many things are happening because we reacting without thinking first.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,273 times
Default How to get quick response from 311

I use to make my complaints by phone, but the response time can take up to weeks sometimes, especially during the Holidays and Weekends. It wasn't until I made my complaints at the 311 website that I got immediate results. Within 15 minutes after submitting my complaint about a loud party crowd coming from my neighbors apartment that I recieved a phone call from the NYPD, within 20 minutes an officers arrived and shut the party down. So my suggestion is to make your complaints via the 311 website.

Old 12-22-2013, 10:11 AM

34,100 posts, read 47,309,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I know exactly where this is, and it is a low class ghetto area, what would you expect?, my friend lived on Layton, 3 blocks away in the 80's, it was ghetto then, and it hasn't improved not one tad.

and then they wonder why people thing the things they do about the pj's
Looks are sure deceving....Westervelt is in a landmarked district going down to Richmond Terrace.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-22-2013, 11:20 AM

130 posts, read 291,287 times
I live in a building with over 200 units when I am in the city, I have never called the police for noise. It is a not a major problem, but even when I am at another freestanding home I have never called over noise. If someone is loud beyon acceptable limits, why wouldn't you just speak with your neighbours?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City