Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2012, 07:48 PM

2 posts, read 4,463 times

Advertisements

I agree. I am willing to band together and support the noise complaints. If anybody wants to at least establish some meetings and possibly put pressure on the community officials I am down. I've had it with the noise and loitering myself. If u are email me at goodgame_85@yahoo.com.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 11:46 AM

1 posts, read 2,528 times
Default We need to do something

I agree that calling 311 and the precinct does not help - we get replies that 1. they could not enter the property, 2. that the noise stopped, 3. that there was no noise at all. With 8hrs to respond why would they care?
We do not sleep not only because some bullies but also because of police that live on our taxes and does nothing to protect us from the bullies who make loud parties at night and throw their garbage into our property. I have photos of the empty bottles and plates the neighbors throw into my backyard and recordings of their noise, as well as plenty reports from 311.
Maybe we all can join our efforts and do something, if police does not help?

Old 08-21-2012, 12:38 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,679,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjs33139 View Post
EastBoundandDownChick,

I know this is an old thread, but I had to reply because I was looking up information on noise control in NYC and 311, to see what can be done about noisy neighbors and found this thread, in particular your response.

I am Puerto Rican, in my 40s, born and raised in NYC , but recently returned to the Bronx from living in the Midwest (MN/WI) for the past 15 years. My parents still live in the Bronx and came to stay with them. Being here now 3 weeks, I now see where you are coming from and why white folks hate us noisy latinos!

When I left, there were still white folks in my neighborhood and now it is infested with trashy latinos from third world countries with no respect for our laws and traditions. I am surprised some of them don't own chickens or goats!

It's sad because most of the latinos I know are hard working, not Welfare trash, and peace loving, but it's the loud ones that make the white folks think ALL of us are the same way. We definitely need stronger immigration laws in this country and NYC needs to stop being a sanctuary for trash. Some of this third world trash needs to leave, as well as their anchor babies! Not to say there aren't any PR's of this same ilk, but I definitely feel now like it's mostly third world latino trash and the city doesn't seem to mind 5 living inside a one bedroom apt and playing loud merengue til the wee hours. Most have no jobs and I know that for a fact. After being here 2 weeks and observing the ins and outs of the residents through my window.... if you can move your car during "alternate side parking rules" during the day and you are around to be able to do that, you most certainly are not employed and are living off tax payers! What a bunch of trash. I am a die hard liberal, but now I am getting fed up with entitlement programs and the trash it brings. Too bad, because I know there are genuinely poor folks trying to get back on their feet after losing a job/divorce/domestic violence; but the rest are simply lazy ass muthas!

In Wisconsin, I had low income whites (this area was 99 percent white) and some were also loud, played loud music, stood outside talking loud at 2am and were missing teeth.

I have come to realize after being in the Midwest so long, that this is more an issue of low-income folks with no manners of ALL races versus educated, middle-class, well-mannered folks of ALL RACES with moderate incomes who can afford to live in nicer, quieter areas.

Growing up, my mother was obsessive about quietness and not raising red flags or giving ammunition to the white neighbors; basically telling us to be quiet, be well-mannered and go stay out of trouble. We did all of those and grew up to be successful and articulate.

The whites admired that in my family, while my own people despised us and good manners as we were "selling out" and acting "white"... whatever that means. Most of those latinos who criticized us are still living a cycle of poverty, single mothers with multiple baby daddies and criminal children. Who is laughing now?

Even though I agree with your frustration; keep in mind that if you had lived in a rural area of the midwest, where I have also had experienced, you'd see toothless EBT Whites with multiple baby daddies and no respect for their neighbors with their loud mouths and loud music. It's a matter of class and finances. Not to say all poor folks are trashy, as we were poor growing up but well-mannered, but it seems that the poorer you are (regardless of race), the more apt you will be to be lawless, rude, crass and tacky.

I don't know how much longer I can take these noisy Dominicans, but I might have to forgo 311 and jump back on a plane to quieter Wisconsin!
Seems like NY is no where close to tougher immigration laws.
Bloomberg: ‘Nobody Has Come Across the [U.S.-Mexico] Border in a Long Time'

Old 08-21-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNYCGuy View Post
I agree. I am willing to band together and support the noise complaints. If anybody wants to at least establish some meetings and possibly put pressure on the community officials I am down. I've had it with the noise and loitering myself. If u are email me at goodgame_85@yahoo.com.

I think an petition with lots of residents signatures would work.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:41 PM

544 posts, read 1,240,654 times
bloomy bring back "operation silent night"

Old 09-30-2012, 08:22 PM

5 posts, read 13,374 times
I agree 311 is useless. I live in flatbush bklyn and in the apt building I live a person one floor above owns a parrot that shreiks/squalks all day everyday and the response has been nothing. I don't think they even come. I cannot remember ever pesponding even when I left my apt no/phone So they can contact me. And the people who own the animal are not considerate enough to be approached. 311 is a JOKE!!!

Old 09-30-2012, 08:29 PM

Does anyone else have problems with a loud domestic pet in their building??? I do and I get nothing/no responses from 311!! I cannot tell you how loud this bird is. You have to hear it!!, and no one can get this person to quiet this animal. In my 51 yrs on earth I have never heard of such things.

Old 09-30-2012, 08:38 PM

There is a lack of consideration on peoples part. A person who owns a domestic pet and lets it make noise all day without stopping is not reachable. He/she has let it be known that they simply do not care and do not want to be bothered. The best thing to do is to retaliate in a smart/measured way. Like maybe disturbing them a little bit.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:25 PM

I used to live in Dyker heights bklyn and the things I see that are tolerated here would never be tolerated. Loud pets are you kidfing me. The neighbors would band together and let that person know to cool it. Now living here in central bklyn things are completely different. Maybe its income thing/maybe its a class issue-WTF. its just no consideration shown by others who know they have a noisy pet and continue to let it go on and on. I wish like hell I could get the hell out of NYC but I gotta work here.

Old 10-01-2012, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditmaspark7755 View Post
I used to live in Dyker heights bklyn and the things I see that are tolerated here would never be tolerated. Loud pets are you kidfing me. The neighbors would band together and let that person know to cool it. Now living here in central bklyn things are completely different. Maybe its income thing/maybe its a class issue-WTF. its just no consideration shown by others who know they have a noisy pet and continue to let it go on and on. I wish like hell I could get the hell out of NYC but I gotta work here.
Its definitely a quality of life issue.

More so than Bloombergs smoking & Soda bans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City