Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2010, 12:07 PM

4 posts, read 16,806 times

Advertisements

HELP!! I have never been to New York and have to attend a meeting at the courthouse in Brooklyn (360 Adams Street) at 9:30AM on Tuesday. I am flying into Newark...what is my best option for getting from Newark to Brooklyn? I can rent a car but I've heard there is very limited public parking in the area of the courthouse. Someone told me a taxi would be $100 each way. Anyone know if this is accurate? Is public transportation an option? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 12:33 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,297,629 times
You can take the Newark Airport-Midtown Shuttle which drops you off at Port Authority bus terminal in Manhattan. Follow the signs to the A,C,E trains. Take the downtown A train going to Brooklyn/Queens and get off at Jay Street-Boro Hall and leave through the Jay St & Fulton St exit. Turn right and head east on Jay St for about 1 block til you hit Adams St. Cross Adams St and turn right, walk straight up for about a 1/2 block and the courthouse should be on your left.

Here's the link to the shuttle bus:

Olympia Trails | Newark Liberty Airport Express

Old 06-13-2010, 01:36 PM

5,773 posts, read 16,640,406 times
You have heard correctly then.
Another option might be to take a train from the Airport, there's a free airtrain that loops thru the airport and goes across the highway (US1&9) to a train station on ther mainline NE corridor RR racks..
Take any northbound train 1 stop to Newark Penn Station, then take the direct PATH train from Newark to World Trade Center, then local NYC downtown subways as above.

This is a bit shorter avoiding going all up to Midtown NYC and back down.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:25 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,682,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorofnyc View Post
You can take the Newark Airport-Midtown Shuttle which drops you off at Port Authority bus terminal in Manhattan. Follow the signs to the A,C,E trains. Take the downtown A train going to Brooklyn/Queens and get off at Jay Street-Boro Hall and leave through the Jay St & Fulton St exit. Turn right and head east on Jay St for about 1 block til you hit Adams St. Cross Adams St and turn right, walk straight up for about a 1/2 block and the courthouse should be on your left.

Here's the link to the shuttle bus:

Olympia Trails | Newark Liberty Airport Express
Or, from Port Authority, you can also pick up the #2 and 3 trains, both of which stop at Borough Hall, right across Cadman Plaza from the courthouse.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:48 AM

2,848 posts, read 7,597,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexWilliam012 View Post
Booking a car through Hotwire is one of the best options for saving money on car rentals, they offers "dramatically discounted" rates with good services.

bus rental nyc

I wouldn't recommend someone that has never been to NYC renting a car to drive to a meeting in rush hour.

Is the meeting for work? Will work reimburse transportation costs? Because then you might as well take a cab and keep it easy. Otherwise, I would take the shuttle or airtrain connection to Penn Station, and then the subway from there.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:36 PM

3,923 posts, read 9,154,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
you have heard correctly then.
Another option might be to take a train from the airport, there's a free airtrain that loops thru the airport and goes across the highway (us1&9) to a train station on ther mainline ne corridor rr racks..
Take any northbound train 1 stop to newark penn station, then take the direct path train from newark to world trade center, then local nyc downtown subways as above.

This is a bit shorter avoiding going all up to midtown nyc and back down.
He can take the #62 bus to Newark Penn Station, instead of the AirTrain to the NJT train. It's cheaper ($1.50 rather than $8.25) and takes roughly the same amount of time. Plus, it saves the trouble of having to drag his bags from the AirTrain to the NJT train.

Once at Newark Penn Station, he can take the PATH to the (2)/(3) trains. He can buy an $8 MetroCard for the round-trip (he can add more if he plans on using transit while he stays here)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City