Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2023, 05:47 PM

412 posts, read 593,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrib View Post
Im actually posting on behalf of my parent who is a senior resident and was selected because I directly spoke to the agents and was present at the interview.

I ALWAYS tell people we have no idea how log numbers are calculated but what I will say is that checking daily and applying at midnight has rendered everyone low log numbers and it doesn't hurt to get your application in earlier than others.

Thank you so much for the update! For a second I thought they really ran out of 1 beds before CB even finished.

However, I'd just like to point out the misinformation here - the logs are randomized. Applying early at midnight the second you see the posting does not guarantee a low log number. If you choose to apply early, that's obviously ok and your choice but it's not correct to assume if you apply early you will get a low log.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2023, 10:45 AM

347 posts, read 355,871 times
Are there any updates from those who submitted documents in April?

Old 06-11-2023, 06:49 PM

Can I get an update from people who already moved in?

How has it been going for you? Do you find management to be responsive? Has the fact that it's far from the subway and grocery stores affected you in any way? Any update would be appreciated! Have a wonderful week!

Old 06-19-2023, 06:42 AM

19 posts, read 17,004 times
Default Gotham point: not that FAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnt2dh View Post
Can I get an update from people who already moved in?

How has it been going for you? Do you find management to be responsive? Has the fact that it's far from the subway and grocery stores affected you in any way? Any update would be appreciated! Have a wonderful week!
Hey, so great to move into this LIC waterfront of the building. Yeah, it is far from the grocery stores and subway but you live in New York and you know like walking 10 minutes to Subway not a big of a deal and also grocery wise I do go to the whole food so it doesn’t make any difference to me . at the end of the day when I come home it’s very peaceful and I can see All the activities and yoga, running, DJ & simply just stand/walk by the river. Life here so amazing. Hopefully I am able to convince you about the Life is great on this LIC SIDE.

And also if you want to stay in one of the waterfront building, yeah it will be far away from Subway no matter which side of the borough you choose to live. Also there like some new construction going on this area so I believe after one year or next year there will be some shopping mall who knows. Some of them are still under construction so hopefully we can see more changes down in the next two or three years.

Old 06-19-2023, 07:11 AM

603 posts, read 599,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest2NYC View Post
Hey, so great to move into this LIC waterfront of the building. Yeah, it is far from the grocery stores and subway but you live in New York and you know like walking 10 minutes to Subway not a big of a deal and also grocery wise I do go to the whole food so it doesn’t make any difference to me . at the end of the day when I come home it’s very peaceful and I can see All the activities and yoga, running, DJ & simply just stand/walk by the river. Life here so amazing. Hopefully I am able to convince you about the Life is great on this LIC SIDE.

And also if you want to stay in one of the waterfront building, yeah it will be far away from Subway no matter which side of the borough you choose to live. Also there like some new construction going on this area so I believe after one year or next year there will be some shopping mall who knows. Some of them are still under construction so hopefully we can see more changes down in the next two or three years.
Sounds like a great life! Walking is great for your health too! Enjoy it!

Old 06-19-2023, 10:44 AM

2 posts, read 1,965 times
Hey everyone, just submitted documents yesterday . Log #18XXX with CB , AMI 80 % . I hope I get a 1 bedroom. Also, for those who submitted docuements, how long did it take to hear back?

Old 06-19-2023, 11:59 AM

347 posts, read 355,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missromann View Post
Hey everyone, just submitted documents yesterday . Log #18XXX with CB , AMI 80 % . I hope I get a 1 bedroom. Also, for those who submitted docuements, how long did it take to hear back?
Congratulations @missromann! Please keep us up to date on your progress; we don't get a lot of updates on Gotham anymore!

Old 06-19-2023, 12:12 PM

2 posts, read 1,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheaterFan View Post
Congratulations @missromann! Please keep us up to date on your progress; we don't get a lot of updates on Gotham anymore!
thank you and will do !

Old 06-22-2023, 04:25 PM

95 posts, read 110,023 times
I've updated the floorplans on www.tinyurl.com/gothampointnorth page in Floorplan tab. Still have no idea what the Line 22/23 1 bedroom could look like, but I'm assuming it's just a breakoff of the 3 bedroom line 23 floor plan that looks like Line 28/29.

Any luck on your viewing? @rnt2dh

Update on amenity: The BBQ terrace opened up around memorial day weekend, but was very restrictive. Even as a club member paying 75$/month for amenities, you still have to make a reservation and pay 400$ to use the BBQ for a party with max 10 people. They only allow 2 guests per club member so it's not really worth it in my opinion for the BBQ grill perk. The BBQ terrace is also really small shared between South/North Tower.

They also banned/prohibited E-scooters to the Gotham Point buildings due to battery fire hazard which they enforced when numerous people signed the leases.

Old 06-22-2023, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissuki View Post
I've updated the floorplans on www.tinyurl.com/gothampointnorth page in Floorplan tab. Still have no idea what the Line 22/23 1 bedroom could look like, but I'm assuming it's just a breakoff of the 3 bedroom line 23 floor plan that looks like Line 28/29.

Any luck on your viewing? @rnt2dh
Hi!

I received a call from an agent to ask if I want to come in for a viewing and sign some documents or send in documents via email. Since I'm in the neighborhood I opted to do it in person. Had an appt scheduled but was rescheduled due to the smog for late last week.

Basically for 125 AMI the only one beds left or were ever available, are line 28 and 29.

Pros: To be honest 28/29 are not bad. The bedrooms are big. The layouts are simple but rectangular so it's easy to fit furniture and plan out what you want with the space. I was offered units on the 20-30th floors and they were okay. The building itself is gorgeous with a lot of amenities. Staff seem responsive and friendly. I think with the AMI being 125 and the cheap utilities and free internet, this is one of the best values you can find for lottery apartments in the 125 AMI. (I will refrain from commenting on other AMIs as I'm not knowledgeable.) You will not find anything cheaper. The pricing is great.

I currently live in a building not far from Gotham and I literally watched this building and the TFC buildings go up. I have a lot of doubt on the longevity for me personally at Gotham. The area is far from everything and 28/29 units are watching all the constructions go up. I have an autoimmune disease and I'm not great breathing regularly and really didn't want to face the construction sites on top of that. The distance also isn't great for me to the train because of my chronic illness and the fact that I have to get to the office everyday. I know there's a ferry but it doesn't work for everyone. I also feel that with 700 units, I'm not sure if I would use the amenities as much once the building is fully leased because it'll be crowded.

To be honest if I was offered any other unit I would've taken it. I just know this waterfront area really well and in the last 5 years we all expected more things to open like a better grocery store, but it never did. Only more high rises and less parking. I also just need a change of pace I guess. I'm waiting on a lottery unit in court square that's more expensive than gotham and I wonder if I can afford it but I think it's the better option for me for now.

tl;dr
I turned it down LOL. I may be an idiot.. I may regret this later but so far.. nah.

log 9xxx CB for anyone needing an update on the progress. They ask for ALOTTTT of documents. Get your shyte ready y'all.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions still. Thank you to @kissuki at Gotham North and @JDelloro at Gotham South for being awesome and answering my questions via PM! I appreciate everyone on this forum so much <3 Enjoy the fireworks this 4th of July because it'll be in LIC again!

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited by rnt2dh; 06-22-2023 at 07:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery