Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2023, 12:44 PM

347 posts, read 357,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by conner2023 View Post
Hi

I’ve been following this thread since the North Tower lottery came out last year. I make around 60 K a year and single. I applied and fall under the 80-125 AMI, but no CB. My log number is 47XX. Realistically, how long do you guys think it would even take to get to my application, by some sort of luck. Would love a straight up answer as I am very eager to get this apartment. I drove past it one day and it’s gorgeous! Parking is the only concern I’d say, and the train is like 10 mins away. It was cold the night I went, and super windy, so I can’t imagine walking to the train in that weather. I did hear that they would have a shuttle to take you, which is cool.

Anyway, thanks guys!
You are in the same pool that I am in, however my log number is 3 digits. if they get to our AMI, my guess is it would be late spring/early summer. You should add your info to this sheet and follow the other entries: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Last edited by TheaterFan; 02-04-2023 at 12:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2023, 03:13 PM

412 posts, read 594,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissuki View Post
I've been in contact with the leasing consultants for the past week over getting my employment verification to them to qualify for an additional unit and finally had my employer submit it to them yesterday.

Today I received emails/calls for updated documents on paystubs, statements and was given the choice to view the units either this week or upcoming week. I decided to set up an appointment for viewing for next week because I would like to delay the process a little longer for moving in since once you view the apartment and get HPD approved (can range up to 2 weeks or more for approval), you have 15 days to move in.

Excited to see the 125% studio and 1 beds this upcoming week! Will keep you posted. Also, Log 4XXX in CB.
Congrats! Glad it's moving along. Can you please ask if you can view more than 1 apartment that's the same size? ie 2 1 bedrooms? Someone in the south tower thread mentioned you're only allowed to view one and you have to reject the offer if you didn't like the unit shown without the option to see another unit.

Old 02-05-2023, 10:31 AM

9 posts, read 11,457 times
Thank you’ I added my details to the sheet. Question, who would be classified as an Nyc employee? I was always confused about this question. I work at columbia university. Would this be a NYC employee? Or this refers to those Citi jobs that are paid by NYC state. Thank you

Old 02-05-2023, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conner2023 View Post
Thank you’ I added my details to the sheet. Question, who would be classified as an Nyc employee? I was always confused about this question. I work at columbia university. Would this be a NYC employee? Or this refers to those Citi jobs that are paid by NYC state. Thank you
You have to be paid by City of New York, ie mayoral agencies, board of ed teachers, etc. Sorry, not Columbia. I think maybe CUNY employees count though.

Old 02-05-2023, 10:42 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,451,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnt2dh View Post
You have to be paid by City of New York, ie mayoral agencies, board of ed teachers, etc. Sorry, not Columbia. I think maybe CUNY employees count though.
Yes, only City of NY. H+H and CUNY are included too.

Old 02-06-2023, 01:32 PM

6 posts, read 7,432 times
Hey all, I am new to this forum so forgive me for likely incorrectly tagging/responding. @LIC_Lyfe, I have a similar log number and preference category as you. Any chance you have been contacted?

Old 02-06-2023, 08:01 PM

95 posts, read 110,293 times
Just viewed some studios in 125% and 165% AMI and 1 bedroom in 125% today and was very disappointed in the type of layout floor plans that were given to the higher AMI's mainly because the developers haven't released most of the units yet, so I'm left at a spot where I have to decide with a lower floor east facing to two construction buildings for the 1 bedroom or 2 small boxy studios. They gave me until 2/28 to move in, still heavily thinking if I really want the option that was given to me so will keep you updated once I make a decision and will share all the other information I have.

Old 02-06-2023, 08:33 PM

347 posts, read 357,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissuki View Post
Just viewed some studios in 125% and 165% AMI and 1 bedroom in 125% today and was very disappointed in the type of layout floor plans that were given to the higher AMI's mainly because the developers haven't released most of the units yet, so I'm left at a spot where I have to decide with a lower floor east facing to two construction buildings for the 1 bedroom or 2 small boxy studios. They gave me until 2/28 to move in, still heavily thinking if I really want the option that was given to me so will keep you updated once I make a decision and will share all the other information I have.
Crazy! If you have any photos please post!

Old 02-06-2023, 09:31 PM

I think the one bedrooms are all east facing If you check the floorplans posted for market rate, we have most of the layouts minus maybe 20 floors in the middle but I doubt the middle ones are different. Higher floors are definitely still all east facing for lottery. Did they offer you floorplans for the ones they haven't released yet? Sorry :/ I think they're all crap lol. At least I think the 1 bed isn't tiny?

Also, 2/28 move in?? Did they already send your file to HPD?

Last edited by rnt2dh; 02-06-2023 at 10:00 PM..

Old 02-06-2023, 10:09 PM

95 posts, read 110,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnt2dh View Post
I think the one bedrooms are all east facing If you check the floorplans posted for market rate, we have most of the layouts minus maybe 20 floors in the middle but I doubt the middle ones are different. Higher floors are definitely still all east facing for lottery. Did they offer you floorplans for the ones they haven't released yet? Sorry :/ I think they're all crap lol. At least I think the 1 bed isn't tiny?

Also, 2/28 move in?? Did they already send your file to HPD?
Yup, I'm already pre-approved because I was very fast in sending them documents which I should have delayed if I only knew these bad layouts were passed out first. I'm eligible to sign the lease starting the 15th and have until 2/28 latest to move in.

So your comment earlier was correct, they are processing like the South Tower where if they give you specific available units at the time and if you don't like them, then they'll pass you - they wouldn't let me get on any waitlist for other floorplans or other floors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery