Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2022, 06:36 PM

17 posts, read 16,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdefgnewyork View Post
We viewed the apartment, but they are too small. We are not moving forward. Good Luck to everyone here!
which one did you view? how many beds?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2022, 07:47 AM

218 posts, read 473,385 times
Viewed two bedrooms and two separate apartments. Both were too small.

Old 10-20-2022, 09:02 AM

800 posts, read 730,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71293kate View Post
Roughly for sure, though it does change so i guess it would depend on when they pull that. My income has changed since I applied to this building and I did update my HC page and now fall in a different AMI than I did before I was 80 and now I qualify for 125 and 165 which usually have more units available. I would think best practice though would be to still contact but maybe they don't have to.
Yeah sorry I meant based off the information when they reach your log not when you first applied

Old 10-20-2022, 09:03 AM

17 posts, read 16,651 times
Quote:
Viewed two bedrooms and two separate apartments. Both were too small.
thanks for sharing! are they affordable units the same size as the market rate

Old 10-20-2022, 12:55 PM

218 posts, read 473,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebell03 View Post
thanks for sharing! are they affordable units the same size as the market rate
No they are not. The affordable units are smaller, and the material used I believe is less in quality. For example the kitchen sink and fridge.

Old 10-20-2022, 01:12 PM

958 posts, read 935,859 times
Quote:
No they are not. The affordable units are smaller, and the material used I believe is less in quality. For example the kitchen sink and fridge.
I really hate that they do this. Why not treat all prospective tenants the same way? They get all these tax breaks for nothing.

Last edited by Lani15; 10-20-2022 at 01:44 PM..

Old 10-20-2022, 01:27 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,863,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lani15 View Post
I really hate that they do this. Why not test all prospective tenants the same way? They get all these tax breaks for nothing.
They will do the same with Gotham Point North, I can almost guarantee it - and if it's what I think it is. one of two things will happen:

Only 2 and 3 bedrooms in both lottery and MR will have in unit W/D. The lottery apts will never be the same as MR....

If the above is amended in anyway, it will be to give some MR one bedroom apartments washers and dryers - Lottery apts will always get the short end of the stick.

If Gotham is the property owner for any building, this should be expected.

Old 10-20-2022, 01:45 PM

958 posts, read 935,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
They will do the same with Gotham Point North, I can almost guarantee it - and if it's what I think it is. one of two things will happen:

Only 2 and 3 bedrooms in both lottery and MR will have in unit W/D. The lottery apts will never be the same as MR....

If the above is amended in anyway, it will be to give some MR one bedroom apartments washers and dryers - Lottery apts will always get the short end of the stick.

If Gotham is the property owner for any building, this should be expected.
Yes it’s not just them but others like treat us all the same Jesus. I know they’ll do it with the other north tower as well. That’s why I tell some people they they shouldn’t go by YouTube videos because those units in the display or stage apartments aren’t what lottery winners will move into. It’s really messed up.

Old 10-20-2022, 01:54 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,863,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lani15 View Post
Yes it’s not just them but others like treat us all the same Jesus. I know they’ll do it with the other north tower as well. That’s why I tell some people they they shouldn’t go by YouTube videos because those units in the display or stage apartments aren’t what lottery winners will move into. It’s really messed up.
Its unfortunate because not all Developers do this, BC is not like that. My sister lives at 160 Madison and her building is definitely not like that. She's been living in her apt for about 4 years (alcove studio) but had asked to be put on the waitlist for a one bedroom. They reached out to her about a week ago and basically moved her to a one bedroom apt. She didn't have to sign another lease, just has to pay the difference in rent. She didn't move yet but they already gave her the keys to start moving in when she is ready --

My old building management Gotham I had to sign a new lease, pay a deposit/rent all over again, then wait for my security deposit and this was for an internal transfer.

Old 10-20-2022, 08:16 PM

412 posts, read 594,384 times
Can someone who moved in here confirm the MR and lottery apartments have different appliances?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery