Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2013, 06:52 PM

7 posts, read 29,557 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the well wishes and thank you for responding. Enjoy your apartment and wonderful amenities. Amazing story. Congratulations!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 11:41 AM

4 posts, read 18,723 times
Do the 550 units have a washer/dryer included in the apartment? Thank You.

Old 09-24-2013, 11:48 AM

1 posts, read 3,081 times
Hello Everyone,

I'm joining this forum a bit later than most of you, since I just recently found out about potentially being able to live in this building. We are eligible for a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment.

In terms of the process, our interview is scheduled for tomorrow and supposedly we will also be viewing apartments tomorrow as well. Did anyone else have this experience (from what I've read it seems to be two separate processes)? Also, what does this interview entail? The agent said that all this should move quickly because the construction is almost done and the developer wants people to move in ASAP. However, I've read that for many of you this has been a long and drawn out process...so I'm skeptical.

Also I read online that some apartments in the building are permanently affordable and some are not. What does this mean?

Lastly, if anyone who is already living in a 2 or 3 bedroom and would be able to post pics or size specs, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 09-24-2013, 06:31 PM

107 posts, read 246,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aptmnthunter1 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I'm joining this forum a bit later than most of you, since I just recently found out about potentially being able to live in this building. We are eligible for a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment.

In terms of the process, our interview is scheduled for tomorrow and supposedly we will also be viewing apartments tomorrow as well. Did anyone else have this experience (from what I've read it seems to be two separate processes)? Also, what does this interview entail? The agent said that all this should move quickly because the construction is almost done and the developer wants people to move in ASAP. However, I've read that for many of you this has been a long and drawn out process...so I'm skeptical.

Also I read online that some apartments in the building are permanently affordable and some are not. What does this mean?

Lastly, if anyone who is already living in a 2 or 3 bedroom and would be able to post pics or size specs, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

The Gotham program will end in Dec this is why they told you that it should move quickly. They have to fill up the apartments by Dec so they are moving everything quickly.
My process toke 8 months , my first inreview was in Feb and I sign a lease last week, but as I said they building should be full by Dec

510, 511, 530 are permanently affordable, 550 I think only few apartments are affordable.
I just sign a lease for the 550 building , the lease is for 2 years and will increase around 5% every 2 years for the next 40 years, I did not ask what would happen after 40 years

Old 09-25-2013, 11:03 AM

14 posts, read 48,357 times
I think the main reason for the backlog is simply that apartments haven't been finished. 530 is still being worked on to some degree, 550 now has tenants though it looks like some work is still going on and 511 is still under a lot of construction.

As far as the interview, it is mostly signing forms and providing pay stubs, not a actual interview per se. My real estate agent was very friendly and helpful. Hope your experience is the same.

Old 09-28-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applicant View Post
Justme007-

So I'm assuming that you've gone for your interview, had a credit check and had your information sent to both the Developer and the City. If so, that's great.

I thought the apartments were really nice. Great fixtures, standard - though very attractive kitchen cabinets, nice stainless appliances and a really attractive bathroom. The hallways are covered with a rough, dark brown fabric and lit by wall sconces. Laundry on three floors and storage units on the others. I only saw apartments in the 530 building, not the towers or the building built over the tracks.

The apartment is approximately 450 sf, one studio was over 500 sq. The one I was offered has a separate kitchen, though some lines have the kitchen as part of the main studio room. The bathrooms are large, particularly in the ones without separate kitchens.

Good luck. Let me know if I can answer any other questions.
Hello
I just moved to a studio apartment and I try to figure out how many SF is my studio. You said that your studio is 450 SF and I have a feeling mine is 350-400 but maybe i'm wrong. Can I send you a private message with my pictures and let me know if its looks like yours?

Old 09-28-2013, 12:46 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,247,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nychh View Post
Hello
I just moved to a studio apartment and I try to figure out how many SF is my studio. You said that your studio is 450 SF and I have a feeling mine is 350-400 but maybe i'm wrong. Can I send you a private message with my pictures and let me know if its looks like yours?
You got a $494 a month - first line apartment. If your that sad over 50 less sq feet. I will GLADLY take it off your hands

Old 09-29-2013, 01:06 PM

7 posts, read 29,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
You got a $494 a month - first line apartment. If your that sad over 50 less sq feet. I will GLADLY take it off your hands
That 50 sq feet can make a huge difference. Some of the 550 studio's with the exception of alcove's are very small. Don't sweat it NYCHH, if you want to entertain guest pick one of the lounges or courtyards

Old 09-29-2013, 02:09 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,247,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branton View Post
That 50 sq feet can make a huge difference. Some of the 550 studio's with the exception of alcove's are very small. Don't sweat it NYCHH, if you want to entertain guest pick one of the lounges or courtyards
Well good thing you aren't paying market rent then or you would be going bat sh*t crazy.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branton View Post
Well at least the kitchen is nice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery