Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2013, 12:52 PM

20 posts, read 53,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nychh View Post
By the way I'm qualify for the 550 building. So fancy
So it took city 1 week to approve you, Congratulations!! Of the 4 income boxes, which one were you in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2013, 05:34 AM

54 posts, read 216,113 times
Quote:
Got it :-)
My application was sent to the city last Fri and I got the approval call yesterday.
I wish you all good luck. Its been 8 months of nerve wracking
Did they call you or did you recieve a letter? What else did they say? Move in date? Sign lease?

Old 09-16-2013, 08:05 AM

107 posts, read 246,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissUpperEastSide View Post
Did they call you or did you recieve a letter? What else did they say? Move in date? Sign lease?
They called me. Move in date is Oct 1 but I will get the keys on Sep 26 . They will show me the apartment tomorrow. I have no idea if they will pick one apartment for me or if they will show me multiply apartments to choose from. Either way I'm fine with it.
I only asked them (one more time )if dogs are excepted in the buidling and they said yes.

I live across the street from the building so I can tell you that 510 and 511 is not completed yet, 550 people are start moving in and 530 was the first that people moved in.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
They called me. Move in date is Oct 1 but I will get the keys on Sep 26 . They will show me the apartment tomorrow. I have no idea if they will pick one apartment for me or if they will show me multiply apartments to choose from. Either way I'm fine with it.
I only asked them (one more time )if dogs are excepted in the buidling and they said yes.

I live across the street from the building so I can tell you that 510 and 511 is not completed yet, 550 people are start moving in and 530 was the first that people moved in.
Oh wow so exciting!! If you can take pix. I am dying to see the apartments.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissUpperEastSide View Post
Oh wow so exciting!! If you can take pix. I am dying to see the apartments.
Wow the studio is tiny !

I live in a studio as well and my studio is much bigger.

The bathroom and kitchen are beautiful but the studio space is so small .

How do you guys fit a sofa and a bed in this studio??

Old 09-17-2013, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Wow the studio is tiny !

I live in a studio as well and my studio is much bigger.

The bathroom and kitchen are beautiful but the studio space is so small .

How do you guys fit a sofa and a bed in this studio??
Yikes!!! Its that small????

Old 09-17-2013, 09:12 AM

9 posts, read 26,030 times
How many square feet? Are you going to take it?

Old 09-17-2013, 09:18 AM

6 posts, read 13,731 times
I got the call that I qualify for further processing for a studio, and I have an appointment this week to look at them. In looking at the Gotham West website, do any of you know what the deal is with the "alcove studios"? Did anyone here see one? Are they part of the lotto studio choices?

I'm in income group III, $1,623 for a studio.

Thanks!

Old 09-17-2013, 09:22 AM

9 posts, read 26,030 times
I believe alcove studios are only available to the people paying market value prices to live in the Gotham West building(550).

Old 09-17-2013, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklife45 View Post
How many square feet? Are you going to take it?
The girl who showed me the apartment did not know. I live in 500SQ and this one is much smaller.

Yes, Im going to take it, it is still a good deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery