Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 02:45 PM

175 posts, read 459,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzINeedNYCHA View Post
Yea trini im waiting forbthe letter stating im certified. They havent sent it yet. After i get the letter of certificarion from the application center i will recieve another letter from the development stating im on there waiting list? Or do i recieve one letter from the development stating im certified to their waiting list.im confused now lol

yes you Receive a letter of certification from NYCHA main office. Then you recieve a letter from the development letting you know they have put u on their waiting list and your priority and bdroom size and that they will contact you when a apt becomes available. sorry it took so long forgot to set it on iinstant notification email so im now checking this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 03:05 PM

226 posts, read 1,098,222 times
Lol,dont worry about response time,i forgot i posted that last post. Thanks for responding though. Ugh the waiting game now and i hope i luck up and get this apt fast. I need it so bad

Old 01-14-2013, 05:52 PM

21 posts, read 112,006 times
@trinigirl i wonderwhy iyts taking 3yrs for a N1 Bronx 1BR apartment.. I'd switch boroughs smh for pol w/1 br borough

Old 01-26-2013, 02:09 PM

58 posts, read 281,078 times
I just got a second letter in 6 months saying that they are updating the borough wide waiting list and to return the letter within 45 days if I want to remain on the NYCHA waiting list. I don't get why it's taking so long.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:50 AM

21 posts, read 112,006 times
I receive the same list @Tyhustle the emergencylist is insane! Smh

Old 02-16-2013, 06:30 AM

205 posts, read 978,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyHustle View Post
I just got a second letter in 6 months saying that they are updating the borough wide waiting list and to return the letter within 45 days if I want to remain on the NYCHA waiting list. I don't get why it's taking so long.
Is this a borough wide waiting list for an apartment or an interview? I'm still waiting for an interview for the past two years

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Old 02-16-2013, 06:53 AM

58 posts, read 281,078 times
@citygrl13 its for an apartment.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:44 AM

8 posts, read 22,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMisfit View Post
The NYCHA waiting list is a trickbag. Under priority N0 it took a friend of mines 3 months to be shown an apartment. It took me about 4months for my first offer. I turned it down because it was way too small. I was expecting to wait a few months but was called the next day to see a 1bedroom apartment. I'm only guessing but I would say a 3-6 month wait under priority N-0 and 6 -12 months for N-1.

Hey I m in a dv shelter I have my interview march 6 do u kno how much longer it wud take after my interview?

Old 02-25-2013, 03:58 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,933,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasityyy View Post
Hey I m in a dv shelter I have my interview march 6 do u kno how much longer it wud take after my interview?
So ... you moved back to the shelter ?

Because on another thread, yesterday or the day before, you stated that while the priority you were given is for a person who is a victim of domestic violence and who has nowhere at all to go - no family - you are in fact living with your family.

You wanted to know what might happen if they found out that you are NOT in a shelter but have a place to stay.

Old 02-25-2013, 05:42 PM

8 posts, read 22,856 times
If you must know I am back in a dvshelter as of this morning I have All document stating I am there and my priority still stands .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery