Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 09:21 PM

16 posts, read 32,473 times

Advertisements

Its be a long time coming ...... Mitch Landrieu, brother of Senator Mary Landrieu and son of former mayor Moon Landrieu, for all you out of towners who dont know the history.... They are an old political family here in New Orleans ..... Moon was mayor longgggggggg time ago ....And you wont find MITCHs name on any old ho houses's books while preaching Family Values, shame on you, Senator Vitter..
The city is changing and for the better, its taken a long time, finally cleaning up and out the crooks, the Jeffersons are gone, and their are I am sure other "OLD POLITICAL FAMILIES" still being investigated............Maybe it took a hurricane to shake things up and make the current mayor Nagin to say some really dumb things "Chocolate City" etc.....
The mayor elect made a point of saying this is a city of many people of many nationalities and many races but we speak with ONE VOICE as ONE PEOPLE for ONE CITY .........We are all in this together ...

Goooooo Mitch ................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 11:44 PM

1,127 posts, read 5,009,404 times
Oh geez, I forgot about the election! Thanks for the heads up!

(Please I beg you, don't say Moon was a loooooong time ago. Gawd when you put it that way it makes me feel old. )

Old 02-07-2010, 05:10 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,354,687 times
More of the same . " We are all in this together " . That's something his sister can't say .

Old 02-07-2010, 08:32 AM

1,350 posts, read 2,300,234 times
Not more of the same. I was at Stacy Head's victory celebration last night and everyone there, black and white were very happy that Mitch was elected!
(Although I met John Georges for the first time yesterday and found him very nice and personable...and I liked James Perry as well)

Old 02-07-2010, 09:10 AM

4,230 posts, read 10,486,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prytania View Post
Not more of the same. I was at Stacy Head's victory celebration last night and everyone there, black and white were very happy that Mitch was elected!
(Although I met John Georges for the first time yesterday and found him very nice and personable...and I liked James Perry as well)
I also liked Perry. The turnout was amazing though and I would love to hear the race-baiters commentary on the # of white votes for black candidates and the # of black votes for white candidates. I did expect a run-off though.

mhounit are you ever happy about anything or do you just stay content? I'm sure if you are it would never be anything dealing with NOLA so maybe I shouldn't have asked.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:17 AM

James Carville told me he didn't expect to see a runoff at all. He sounded certain last week that Mitch would be elected.

mhounit is just another Northshore, Metry, troll who hates New Orleans.

We had the city speak together last night in a number of races, Stacy Head won in a racially mixed district, Kristen Palmer, likewise....Mitch won in a landslide.

This tells you that we have people who want to see change, not just rich but the poor who want more opportunities for their children and their families...

Last night was more than I am black or I Am white...it was a message that We are New Orleans!

Old 02-07-2010, 10:27 AM

Quote:
mhounit is just another Northshore, Metry, troll who hates New Orleans.
I live nowhere near New Orleans , but you're right , I do hate N.O. It has nothing to do with race or anything like that . My Mother was born and raised there . My Father moved there when he was a young boy . I have many relatives in N.O. and spent weeks on end there when I was younger . Thank God they moved away and I wasn't forced to grow up there . It's just not the kind of place I care to live or visit . Nothing personal to anyone here .

Old 02-07-2010, 11:39 AM

Then please leave this forum. Go enjoy where you live and have fun.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Then please leave this forum. Go enjoy where you live and have fun.
I AM having fun . And don't tell me to leave this forum . You don't have that kind of authority . Have a nice day .

Old 02-07-2010, 12:06 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,486,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhounit View Post
I live nowhere near New Orleans , but you're right , I do hate N.O. It has nothing to do with race or anything like that . My Mother was born and raised there . My Father moved there when he was a young boy . I have many relatives in N.O. and spent weeks on end there when I was younger . Thank God they moved away and I wasn't forced to grow up there . It's just not the kind of place I care to live or visit . Nothing personal to anyone here .
What are the pros and cons of NO vs. those of BR. What makes NO so "BAD"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans