Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2013, 06:02 PM

82 posts, read 180,299 times

Advertisements

Hello, my husbandand I are staying for Thanksgiving weekend in New Orleans. We already booked a room at Andrew Jackson hotel, but after reading some reviews we are a little unsure about it. Has anyone stayed at a hotel under $200 a night that you would recommend preferably in the French Quarter district? We want to experience New Orleans, but not have to pay an arm and a leg. also if you can recommend a hotel, how was the parking? Was it nearby? I know some hotels have valet and some hotels have parking 6 blocks away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2013, 07:57 PM

4,885 posts, read 7,329,393 times
We stayed at the Chauteau Le Moyne last spring. I think it is on Daulphine. I was nice not the best we had stayed at in New Orleans, but close to the particular area we wanted to be at. Their parking was across the street and it was valet. Most hotels have some parking on site or close. You can expect to pay anywhere from $16 to $40 a day extra to park.

Haven't stayed in the Andrew Jackson in a lot of years, but I really thought it was supposed to be a nice place. It is in an old building, but close to the middle of everything in the quarter.

You might consider trying Priceline. There are several French Quarter chain hotels, Sheraton and Marriot, that will put rooms on Priceline.

Old 11-20-2013, 11:42 AM

104 posts, read 418,362 times
We are staying at The Country Inn and Suites for the second time, we liked it so much the first time!

Hotels New Orleans French Quarter (Downtown) | Country Inn & Suites

I think they have valet parking for under $30 a day, but we never get a car. We walk everywhere and take a cab if we need to leave the FQ. I see on the website there is a "deal" for parking....

Old 11-20-2013, 04:46 PM

82 posts, read 180,299 times
Thank you for the suggestions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans