Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2009, 06:34 PM

1,399 posts, read 4,184,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
No tecpat, one big question does not stick out. It is just your attempts to try and make someone look foolish.

Making a lot of assumptions and attempting to give medical advice. Thanks for the URL, that doesn't help a person after the fact.

And your final "Sorry, but this is a very stupid way to deal with a snakebite" is kind of sickening to me.

Why don't you knock it off already.

Rich
You can bait me all you want, Rich....have at it... I could care less.
I didn't make a "lot of assumptions", and only responded to what I read in HW's post..... on the OP's topic, by the way, as opposed to criticizing other peoples posts, thoughts and ideas.
Are you suggesting that NOT treating a venomous snakebite until the next day is a sensible (non-foolish) way of dealing with this very unfortunate incident? People who read this thread could get the wrong idea , don't you think? Further, I didn't attempt to give medical advice... I only wondered when common sense took a holiday.
Given the antagonistic nature of this and related threads, I thought that if I said anything that might be construed as negative, I should back it up with facts, thus the link. Feel free to ignore it or any other medical information links I might post. The person who was actually bitten isn't reading this, as far as I know, so there is no "after the fact" advice to that person or any personal criticism of him, poor guy, only of his potentially dangerous (non)actions. Many people who DO read the rattlesnake posts, like those who have just moved to the SW from the East Coast, may benefit from knowing what to do if bitten, so I thought that was a second reason to include a link to medical information. Sorry 'bout that, Chief.
My final sentence is not a fraction as sickening as an (unneccessarily) untreated rattlesnake wound. Maybe HW will post one of his pics for us all to contemplate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 01:12 PM

1,763 posts, read 6,003,156 times
Default The OFFICIAL New Mexico Rattlesnake Thread

Just kidding.

p.s. Will not be offended if a moderator locks this thread.

Old 08-04-2009, 02:23 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,408,398 times
There is nothing wrong with killing animals. There is something wrong with senseless violence.

ABQConvict

Old 08-04-2009, 02:36 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,361,140 times
I love snakes. I put a dead one in my ex mother in laws mailbox one time. I wish I could have seen her face but my imagination is good enough on that one. She quit messing me me after that.

Old 08-04-2009, 04:08 PM

4,468 posts, read 8,016,541 times
Exclamation re the New Topic...it's great...

however...bee careful of "those" that love all the animal's that live, walk, fly, bite, sting, chomp, swim, crawl (ex's excluded), on this planet... as most of those folk's think it's ok to have one or more of them running amuck in around there house, property, garden, vehicle or...

They might tune onto this thread and the bashing really gets going again..

My friend how was bitten the other day, well, his dog was bitten and survived after going to the vet..

Vet says give benedryl...as a medic this is a good first line drug for allergies etc.

Keep this thread going it's a hit...

Oh, I saw a bull snake on the road the other day, easy to tell, they are long and DO NOT HAVE RATTLES ETC..and served to avoid him...

Do we need a thread for Scorpions...I am one...born in NOV..

HW

Old 08-04-2009, 04:11 PM

1,938 posts, read 4,754,872 times
I'm a member of PETA... People Eating Tasty Animals...........

Old 08-04-2009, 04:19 PM

4,468 posts, read 8,016,541 times
Default Tasty animals....

jesh MH, I don't think rattler's are that good....
or coyotes...

I prefer, quail, dove, deer, antelope, elk, moose, pheasant, duck, crabs, salmon, etc....
nix on the snails, snakes, ant's, scorpions, etc.

hard to cook um rare...

and not sure which wine is best with them..

HW>> got to go count chickens...

Old 08-04-2009, 04:46 PM

1,938 posts, read 4,754,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Wold View Post
and not sure which wine is best with them..
Old Panther P*ss is usually recommended by Wine Spectator...
it complements the gamey, natural flavor of the meat.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:38 PM

1,753 posts, read 4,255,494 times
This thread reminds me.... does anyone know where I can get some elk jerky? The kids are wanting some and I can't find it anywhere........

Old 08-04-2009, 06:50 PM

52 posts, read 180,209 times
Default OH MY GOSH! Had to join this thread!

While my rattlers are Texas born and bred, I can still comment (right? ) on NM rattlers. I have a dog sanctuary, have some dogs that are very good "snake dogs" (meaning they alert to a snake), many dogs bitten by rattlers and copperheads, most survive, but have lost a few as well. Sad.

but I am all for keeping the "good" snakes. Even though I have a dog rescue, I am not a humaniac. The bad snakes go, the good snakes stay, if you catch my drift.

Had to laugh out loud at the post re: Scorpions because that is one's horror-scope sign. HAHAHAHHAHA!! Good one. People, remind me some time to tell you when I coaxed my little brother to pick up a copperhead... (he did not know it was a copperhead - and hell, "little" brother - he was at least 16 at the time. His own dang fault for listening to older sis).

TAJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico