Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 09:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,947 times

Advertisements

Anyone know where to hunt feral hogs? I'd like to hunt some but don't know where I can. If anyone can let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 05:19 AM

41,458 posts, read 59,934,611 times
I suggest contacting the State Fish & Game or Dept of Agriculture. They should know the regulations and locations of the huntable pigs.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:22 PM

502 posts, read 1,383,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa J View Post
Anyone know where to hunt feral hogs? I'd like to hunt some but don't know where I can. If anyone can let me know.
Not sure where you are located but there is a program on them tomorrow at 6 pm at the USFS office in Cloudcroft.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:34 PM

Just found out they changed this to 5:30, not 6:00

Old 11-25-2012, 12:30 PM

5 posts, read 10,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQDave View Post
some good info in this thread, been reading it for awhile....

I'm in ABQ, anyone have any good luck or want to travel out for hogs if they know where they are, let me know, would like to go along.

If you are a landowner or know any that has a hog problem, let me know, I have two AR's equipment with Night Vision equipment, one with a PVS-14 and Eotech and other with a Pulsar N550....and you are welcome to use one
Still the same offer, also have a thermal monocular for locating, much easier at night then trying to look through the night vision.

Old 02-09-2014, 06:06 PM

3 posts, read 4,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike b 1 View Post
I know a guy from Roswell that hunts hogs along the Pecos river bottoms, he uses curs with a pit bull catch dog and does quite well.
is there more hogs down their

Old 06-09-2014, 04:13 PM

Default Timberon Folks - Feral Hogs

I know we had a discussion a couple of years ago and at that time there were no feral hogs in that area.
It looks like that has changed. Does anyone have any "first hand" info on this?
Front Page | KRQE.com

Old 06-09-2014, 05:28 PM

4,280 posts, read 9,198,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtncat View Post
Does anyone have any "first hand" info on this?
No first hand info on Timberon, but last week this happened to me. I was hiking my usual trails near my house (nat. forest) when I ran into a forest service employee in his pickup truck. He was heading into the woods with four "pigs" in cages in the back that he was preparing to shoot, but needed to get far enough from city limits to be legal discharging his firearm. Now all the time he's explaining this to me I'm just assuming he's trapped some feral hogs and is disposing of them.

But NO! Turns out he bought them from someone who raises pigs and was going to BBQ them for his daughter's Quinceañera celebration last weekend.

Old 06-09-2014, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joqua View Post
No first hand info on Timberon, but last week this happened to me. I was hiking my usual trails near my house (nat. forest) when I ran into a forest service employee in his pickup truck. He was heading into the woods with four "pigs" in cages in the back that he was preparing to shoot, but needed to get far enough from city limits to be legal discharging his firearm. Now all the time he's explaining this to me I'm just assuming he's trapped some feral hogs and is disposing of them.

But NO! Turns out he bought them from someone who raises pigs and was going to BBQ them for his daughter's Quinceañera celebration last weekend.

LOL. And he didnt even invite us!

Old 06-10-2014, 07:38 AM

4,280 posts, read 9,198,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtncat View Post
LOL. And he didnt even invite us!
Four roasted pigs implies a very large gathering so probably could have crashed the party without being noticed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico