Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 09:01 AM

2 posts, read 11,546 times

Advertisements

Debbie, Are you asking for volunteers? I'm looking for a hog hunting place in NM and would love to help you out. In my experience once you put some pressure on the hogs they move out of the area for a while (months). Their movements have been tracked up of 20 miles a day and tend to have home ranges that are at least that big.

By pressure, I mean you get out and push the heavy brush and kill as many as you can. You can contact me via PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 12:51 PM

2 posts, read 11,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Wold View Post
Went to Ark last yr. and got a nice one about 125 lbs...just right for the BBQ and it was goooooodd...smoked the hams and they were great.

I want to go in NM and heard that the area down around Carlsbad...Pecos RV is good...farmers don't want them around.

ONe point to find out about, I am researching, is re: whether they are ok to eat,,,BECAUSE THEY HAVE A LOT OF PARASITES AND DISEASE..

Anyway's let me know what you find out... QUESTION FOR SOGGY..Are you in the Seattle area??? I lived on Whidbey for over 30 yrs.?

HW.....my .375 win...(marlin) worked great...
Ive eaten many hogs from TX and never had a bad one. They are lean so you have to cook like venison. I make sure they are not rare but backstrap chops are just done. Slow cooking all parts is great! No diseases that I know of and a lot fewer parasites than I've seen on local rabbits.

Old 07-14-2009, 01:23 PM

74 posts, read 268,674 times
[quote=debbie at bouontiful;9755923]I am sorry but I think they taste horrible. Barbeque sauce or not!!! QUOTE]

I can agree partly. We tried to cook a big boar, we won't make that mistake again.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:52 PM

1,789 posts, read 4,351,727 times
Sorry huntnfish, I am in Eastern Oklahoma. All the way across the map. It is in the hills at least and that is where all the hogs live, I guess. Some real back to the lander type guy hunts the boar and would you believe he hunts rattlesnakes. I told him he could all the rattlers he wanted. He is an Indian and says they use them, for what I didn't ask.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:16 PM

2 posts, read 25,143 times
mtncat,I think I will make a scouting trip to the Roswell area.I have heard there are wild hogs there,now you have confirmed it.Yup I will take a rifle.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:45 AM

5 posts, read 31,512 times
I am in Albuquerqe and I was hoping to go hunt over by Clovis, Texico NM, Fort

Sumner, somewhere close to Albuquerque would be nice, And who knows I have a

partner or two that might go farther. Send me a message and we will go hogging.

Mark

Old 10-18-2009, 09:00 AM

Did anyone find a place closer to Albuquerque??? I'm into hunting pigs in New Mexico, Texico, Clovis, are the places I have been figuring on for now???

Wildjoe

Old 10-18-2009, 09:47 AM

Default Hogs

Debbie where in OKLAHOMA are these hogs at???

WJ

Old 10-18-2009, 09:50 AM

Default Hogs

huntnfish
did you ever find a hog hunting place in NM???

WJ

Old 10-18-2009, 11:23 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,288,596 times
There are feral pigs in the lower canyons of the Sacramento's near Alamo. Seen a bunch of them in Karr Canyon and hunted once. They were smarter than me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico