Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 12:02 PM

7,404 posts, read 19,425,517 times

Advertisements

See the thread, 'Fire in Timberon' and find out what a bunch of caring people there are here.
I've never seen anything like it anywhere else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 02:37 PM

1,399 posts, read 4,198,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
more like New Mexican music,

what is new mexican music?
I always think of this as New Mexico song, though I don't think Tish lives in NM anymore. She wrote & recorded it while living up North.

YouTube - Tish Hinojosa- By the Rio Grande

Old 05-11-2009, 02:49 PM

1,399 posts, read 4,198,777 times
And New Mexico's Official Cowboy Song...
Western Cowboy Swing Band - Syd Masters & The Swing Riders

Old 05-12-2009, 06:42 AM

41,458 posts, read 60,098,327 times
I am from New Hampshire and I do own a Subaru and I will be living in New Mexico one of these years.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:09 AM

576 posts, read 2,317,790 times
Default Some came west in covered wagons; some came west in Subarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_slappy View Post
When it's like New York or Massachusettes (sic). Even though most New Englanders manage to convince their cohorts and relatives that it's a foreign country it's not. We have plenty of "Green Chilie Lobster" and "Red Chile" New York hotdogs and "New York Strips" to remind us that this is
America not to mention the Uhauls with the transports behind them with the Subuarus that have Maine, New York, Mass and Vermont licence plate on them. (You can argue that Texas has a big part in the population but you always see them headed back to TX)
Hey, Slap, are you implying that New Englanders aren't welcome to New Mexico? I am a happily transplanted New Englander who came down in a Subaru. And who did I find here? Folks from all over the country who said "Howdy" and "Welcome."

This is America and we are a mobile people and welcome to wander.

You are certainly welcome to go to beautiful New England, where you will find people from all over who will say "Howdy" and Welcome" to you, too.

~clairz

Old 04-03-2011, 04:45 PM

93 posts, read 139,619 times
actually mainy Mexicans in NM have quincenieras and have a more than one first and or last name.

*you know you are from New Mexico when you have to explain to people that we are not from Mexico or Mexican but are Spanish with Ancestors from Spain, then explain have to New Mexicos history.

Old 04-03-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy71 View Post
when you get punched in the face for calling somebody mexican.
my favorite!!!!!!

Old 04-04-2011, 05:58 PM

96 posts, read 291,902 times
I know this thread is way old but I couldn't resist adding a few of my own.

You know you're in NM when you order a Coke at a restaurant and they ask you what kind.

You know you're in NM when it's 2011 and over half a dozen people are calling the radio station on Saturday morning to dedicate the song Angel Baby.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:08 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,312,615 times
You know you're in New Mexico when every 3rd person you encounter speaks Spanish & everyone comments on your age & your "stuff". When you overhear snarky remarks everywhere you go and people exclaim loudly, EXACTLY.

Old 04-06-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
you know you're in new mexico when every 3rd person you encounter speaks spanish & everyone comments on your age & your "stuff". When you overhear snarky remarks everywhere you go and people exclaim loudly, exactly.

huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico