Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2011, 07:31 PM

1 posts, read 7,284 times

Advertisements

anyone know of reputable company in NM to access value of 1/2 acre plot? Is there any chance of anything developing on this barren land so close to the U.S. / Mexico border? My husband bought this cheap piece of property in 1973. Would love to sell it and get something somewhere that would be considered habitable!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 08:35 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,750,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgreg011 View Post
anyone know of reputable company in NM to access value of 1/2 acre plot? Is there any chance of anything developing on this barren land so close to the U.S. / Mexico border? My husband bought this cheap piece of property in 1973. Would love to sell it and get something somewhere that would be considered habitable!!!
Search on Google.com, there are places trying to sell land. We do not allow advertising in this forming... Please read in the first post.

It has nothing to do with the U.S. / Mexico border.

It is desert. There is no water.

And what property are you talking about? Deming Ranchettes? Sunshine Valley? People are getting their land confused....

Rich

Old 07-05-2011, 11:01 AM

1 posts, read 7,220 times
My MIL was left Sunshine Valley Ranchette property when her brother passed. She is wanting me to help find out what I can about the place. Is any of this place developed?

Old 07-06-2011, 07:15 AM

62 posts, read 251,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmama4 View Post
My MIL was left Sunshine Valley Ranchette property when her brother passed. She is wanting me to help find out what I can about the place. Is any of this place developed?
There are people living there, very few. There typically there are still no utilities and water is trucked in unless you have 10k to 15k to drill a well and then you have to have a large enough property for that. You would need to have two of those lots just to build and 4 to drill a well. A half acre lot is good for little more than a camp site and difficult at best to sell but taxes are next to nothing. Hope this helps you in some way.

Dave

Old 10-08-2011, 12:08 AM

22 posts, read 34,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by judyv View Post
Is anyone familiar with Unit 36?

My father purchased four lots in block 17 in 1970. It has been 37 years since anyone in my family visited it. Does anyone know if it has been developed?

I would love to be able to contact someone in that area to better understand what we have there.

Anyone who is able to help me, would be most appreciative. My mother has been trying to sell this unseen land for many years now, and there has been no response to any listings of it for sale.

Moderator cut: "Posting an e-mail: This is a message board, so members can reply to you here or via Direct Message. Please check back for a reply. Others might benefit from answers from other members here."

Thank you.
I'll ryo answer your questions.South of Deming new Mexico is barren land.Deming and the surrounding area was once called the BAD LANDS.Thiere are mountains,rocks,barren land brushes,catus,snakes, wildlife(desert).It is undeveloped.One would need money to have a water well dug,electric brought into it,or have money to go wind power,solar or propain.The are once was farm land ,over ran by cattle.The water first would need to be tested to clarify how clen it is .How much toxics are in the water.The soil would need to be feednnurshured ,in order to grow anything,.Grass for a yard,trees for shade ,veg to get.Maybe ,years of hard work-there is no wy of knowing.The people,are kind,and laid back.There are some stores in Deming,as also a hospital,medical clinics,schools and such.The closest city is Las C/El Paso Texas.Land vaul is cheap.The bigget reason land isn't selling good is 1 Lack of water.2 Too costly to improve the land inorder to live on it.( Permantly)RV's,and such are allowed,but only for short term.One would need to drive/take the RV to a dump site,to drain sewer nd refill water.Or put a septic tank and water well upon the property.It would still involve money.With todays eccomony ,cost of living on the rise,is it affordable to keep,sell or do what with it?

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 11-23-2012 at 05:14 PM..

Old 11-05-2011, 07:14 AM

52 posts, read 99,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8qf View Post
You would need to have two of those lots just to build and 4 to drill a well.
Actually thats not true. Ordinance 37 was repealed in 2010 so now the only requirements are the State Environmental Improvement Divisions requirements of having at least 3/4 acre to install a well and septic/leach field. Two lots are now buildable and one lot has always been buildable with an "advanced treatment septic system."

Land Use Ordinance (37) : Real estate and current events in Deming, NM

Old 02-17-2012, 11:01 AM

1 posts, read 6,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainforestTV View Post
I am writing to you to share some ideas in regards to new ordinances that Luna County has enacted as of July 2006.

Recently I discovered that the property I had purchased in Deming Ranchettes was no longer buildable due to the change in Ordinance 37 which Luna County approved in July 2006. This ordinance requires a minimum of 2 acres for development. This leaves hundreds, if not thousands, of land owners with properties that they cannot develop without greatly increased costs. As a lower income woman I was naturally upset, but I am the type of person who looks for solutions instead of getting stuck as a victim.

The only solution is for property owners to work together on this so that it is a win-win situation for everybody. Please feel free to share your ideas or comments. My property is located in Unit 30 on Acoma street.

Property owners have the following options:

1) sell to the owners next to them so they acquire the two acres;

2) buy from the owners next to them to acquire the two acres;

3) join forces with neighbors to build a duplex, triplex, or a quadriplex which opens up into everyone's backyard respectively. Well drilling costs and septic tank costs can be shared;

4) create an intentional community, or an ecovillage, with shared housing, transportation, work duties, organic gardens, etc;

5) build an apartment complex or house on the cental lot and split the profits of the sale or rental income between all owners.

Land can be swapped between neighbors who do not share the same goals, property development ideas, or lifestyle choices.

christine from california
Thanks for you post, there is a movement for some future development near Deming that might be of some help. There is an organization that is working on developing a community much like you describe. I am in contact with them and will see if they might be interested in including the Deming ranchette "victems" as part of this venture.

Old 02-18-2012, 04:53 AM

1 posts, read 8,092 times
very good post. Many of us own property in Demming for various reasons, but we are a splintered group without much information.

Old 06-19-2012, 06:09 PM

4 posts, read 16,369 times
Smile Deming, nm ranchetts

My father in law just inherited some land and we know nothing about it. Any help?

Deming ranchetts
unit 36
block 1
track 19

Old 06-20-2012, 04:54 AM

62 posts, read 251,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDH1 View Post
My father in law just inherited some land and we know nothing about it. Any help?

Deming ranchetts
unit 36
block 1
track 19
It being only a 1/2 acre track its only value is as a seasonal camping lot. Unit 36 is due east of Deming about 2 miles out of town right on I-10. Here is an overview map link Deming Ranchettes Overview Map you may find this useful. As a single 1/2 acre track the value of the property is close to nothing unless you find someone looking for a camping spot. Figure this land to be worth about $400. I hope this is of some help to you friend.

Dave
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico