Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 06:56 AM

27 posts, read 129,850 times

Advertisements

Yeah, Im not intersted in buying a house just renting and and most of the towns i have also looked into dont have anything for rent....but your town seems to have alomost everything im looking for and if i can find a cheap little house to rent in a good sexction that would be great hehe...how is the drugs and crime rate there?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2007, 08:26 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,427,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltoncity View Post
I know the prison in Winslow had a wonderful package for starting workers after training, for C.O. positions.
This prison will be built soon eh? I would love to see what they have to offer for entry level position. I am curious what level prison it is and if it is mae and female pop.
Would I just go to the local gov. for a website to it or is it to early yet?
I realize you may not know any of this yet but I wanted to ask just in case. I hope you dont mind.
The prison is expected to be completed in 14 to 16 months. I had a list of wages for entry level but have misplaced it. If i remember correctly the entry level is $1800PM. Which dosent seem like a lot for most people, but for a town like this where you can still buy a 1300sqft house for under $45k i think its a real good starting wage. They do of course, have health benefits. If you have experience etc, its obviously higher. Its a level 3 prison (medium), and as far as i know its a male population.
Its to early for the website on it, i do the website for the Town of Clayton and havent put one up yet, ill have to get myself in gear and do it.

Old 01-25-2007, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seleswifey View Post
Yeah, Im not intersted in buying a house just renting and and most of the towns i have also looked into dont have anything for rent....but your town seems to have alomost everything im looking for and if i can find a cheap little house to rent in a good sexction that would be great hehe...how is the drugs and crime rate there?????
I just got a call from a lady yesterday who has four apartments to rent, she should drop information by today.
Drugs; there is a problem with it here. But im in the mindset that if there is one person using what id call hard core drugs than there is a problem. You dont see druggies in the streets every day, but theyre there. They tend to stick to themselves.
Crime really isnt that bad. Alot of people still leave the keys in their car as they go shopping at the local stores. For having drugs here there isnt much crime associated with it, which is very unusual.

I have my office 1800 number in my profile if you want to call later about the rentals, or email me. Ill gather from the two realtors what they have to rent also.

Old 01-25-2007, 12:35 PM

27 posts, read 129,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
I just got a call from a lady yesterday who has four apartments to rent, she should drop information by today.
Drugs; there is a problem with it here. But im in the mindset that if there is one person using what id call hard core drugs than there is a problem. You dont see druggies in the streets every day, but theyre there. They tend to stick to themselves.
Crime really isnt that bad. Alot of people still leave the keys in their car as they go shopping at the local stores. For having drugs here there isnt much crime associated with it, which is very unusual.

I have my office 1800 number in my profile if you want to call later about the rentals, or email me. Ill gather from the two realtors what they have to rent also.

Ok ill do that!! Thanks yeah sounds about normal i just didnt want to be like everytime you walk out your door theres druggies

Old 01-26-2007, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seleswifey View Post
Ok ill do that!! Thanks yeah sounds about normal i just didnt want to be like everytime you walk out your door theres druggies
Nah, thats not gonna happen. Its easy to spot a person on drugs (for me at least) because of jobs ive had. So i just dont talk to them, they dont talk to me. So far, its been as simple as that.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:19 PM

2 posts, read 4,926 times
What about Chimayo? We are a family of 2 kids one is 4 and the other will be 1 soon. We are looking for a town half way through taos and SF. Any suggestions? We were looking into Espanola, Dixon, or Chimayo. Los Alamos would be an option but dont like all that nuclear stuff going on. We are looking to relocate within the next few months. We would like low crime rate and great schools.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:10 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,504,652 times
Unfortunately, crime is one aspect of northern New Mexico that is not especially attractive. A look at the crime stats will show that most of northern New Mexico has both property and violent crime statistics that are well above the national norm. Having spent a lot of time (though not living) in northern New Mexico for four decades now, I will say that the stats are a bit misleading. There is quite a bit of violent crime in the area, but it tends to be quite a bit of "domestic" stuff--fights between spouses, family members, etc. as opposed to violent criminal attacks of stranger on stranger. As for property crime, there seems to be quite a bit of the petty theft, minor larceny, and minor burglary stuff that goes on--not unusual in areas where there is a big gap between the "haves" and "have-nots" as there is in northern New Mexico. (That condition has been prevalent there for decades, but we may get to see that across the whole country if things keep going the way they are.)

I personally have never been a crime victim in all my years of visiting New Mexico. That said, I am careful there. Also, as I have posted before there are northern New Mexico towns where if one goes there with a big yuppie metropolitan chip on your shoulder, it may get knocked off.

Since I don't have any children, I leave comments on schools to others. Suffice to say that the social environment in most northern New Mexico towns (other than ones like Santa Fe, Taos, or Los Alamos) is something quite different from what, say, a suburban Anglo family would be used to.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:18 AM

6 posts, read 9,445 times
Ehhh just Avoid Espanola,chimayo,Alcalde and Hernandez and you will be fun(:

Old 05-31-2018, 11:52 AM

1 posts, read 559 times
I have been applying for College/University jobs in New Mexico but I'm totally unfamiliar with the cities. Maybe someone out there can assist.
I will be looking for an affordable rental apartment in a walking neighborhood. I really don't want to drive to get a cup of coffee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico