Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 07:09 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,863,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
So do I and I'm by no means wealthy..comfortable yes, wealthy...nada
Trust me hes a rich boi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 07:32 AM

512 posts, read 1,755,559 times
This argument is kind of petty when we're talking BILLIONS in debt. And, the original article was false.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:51 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,791,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Yes it was. Whitman was a dreadful governor. And we've had years to elect honest, hardworking, financially savvy legislators and governors to fix it.

What happened?

What were they doing with their time on our dime?
They were trying to do the magic act the schizo NJ residents expected them to do. They were trying to do what Whitman did without raiding the pension fund (since they couldn't) - give people tax breaks like a bird-woman Santa Claus.

Quote:
Again, we know how you feel about Christie, Republicans, Bush, neo-conservatives, Fox News....................enough of the emotional drama.
You're the one with emotional drama here - who said anything about Bush or Forx News??? Stop overreacting like a drama queen.

Quote:
We're still 11 billion in the hole. Christie's in charge, for now.

Specifically, other than giving more money to our politicians to throw around, what should we/he do?
He should, specifically, start with state services. Cut the State Police, dump the governor helicopter, make sure your own gov's office payroll is LESS than your predecessor's, and give yourself a pay cut and then freeze it for your term.

Then, go on to the corporations and the rich. Bump up those taxes, too, and/or eliminate their tax breaks. Certainly don't give people making $400,000+ a tax BREAK!

Eliminate 90% of NJ's tourism spending, and eliminate the shore fund - let the Fed. gov't and the shore towns pay for it (the shore towns' residents insist they can do it themselves, anyway).

Start there before attacking people's kids and home values by attacking the schools, all because you hate Unions because you're trying to push a right-wing agenda.

I keep hearing Christie's supporters in here crow about "We're ALL gonna have to feel the pain, it's painful but we ALL have to make sacrifices," blah blah blah... But the minute I suggest that Christie, or the wealthy, or other right-wing sacred cows be part of the "ALL" who have to make sacrifices, all of a sudden I am told that's "emotional drama,[blah blah blah, stupidity, etc.]".

If you're the big fat bullyman coming in to clean up the town, and you legitimately have no political agenda, but just want to clean up the mess, you LEAD, by EXAMPLE.

Right now he looks like Napoleon the Pig from Animal Farm, ushering himself into power (with the help of gullible voters) on the basis of wanting to help fix problems and then immediately setting up his double standard. Unions bad, $400,000+ earners (like his wife) good....Teachers bad, corporations good....

Quote:
Will taxing those making over 400K at, say, 50% and Christie paying his staff minimum wage get us out of this dreadful hole?
Not by itself, but it will help.

Quote:
To me, managing money is basic math; addition and subtraction. If you spend more than you bring in, it's not good.
Wow, you must be a genius! We should have elected you, you have it all figured out! What an EINSTEIN!!!

Quote:
When you repeat the above, year after year after year, it gets worse. Much worse. Look at us and California, two "rich" states.
Two of the best states (really, the two best states) in the nation. Property values are high and hold firm and education is good. Mismanagement by Republican con-artist governors is a problem for both states but we'll get through it.

Quote:
I don't care whose party you pledge your undying love and loyalty to, BCJ.
Then why bring it up? Oh yeah - to inject emotional drama (which, ironically, you project onto me and accuse me of).

I don't pledge "undying love and loyalty" to either party. Bring on a Republican like Tom Kean, that would be fine. But don't try to pass Christie off as a normal guy or a guy with no agenda other than to "fix" the state. He has his agenda and he's proving it.

Quote:
NJ's in trouble when an unimpressive home, in an unimpressive area, has a five figure property tax bill.
Let me know when we get to that point.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:12 AM

512 posts, read 1,755,559 times
BCJ,

You initiated this thread, yet the article proved to be quite inaccurate.

As plenty of my Obamanoid friends say to me, give the guy a chance, he's only been in office a short time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey