Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 07:13 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,807,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
You've made your position on Christie and your fellow citizens who feel they're over-taxed quite clear.

Do you think NJ is financially healthy?
No. NJ was poisoned by Whitman and has not recovered and is still unhealthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
If not, how do you propose we deal with our financial condition?
Be more wary of Republicans than people were with Christie. Stop trying to make excuses for Christie when he pontificates on how cuts will be painful and people must sacrifice while driving up the Gov's office payroll by $2 million and instead recognize his hypocrisy.

Don't give people making $400,000+ a tax break if we "all" must suffer "painful cuts."

Don't target teachers and education (just because they are an easy target) but look at the rest of the government (and for crying out loud start with your own governor's office).

Now tell me why I should believe Christie when he hasn't shown me he's about cutting fairly but more about cutting only those things that he and the radical right-wing Republicons are against??? What a stooge and a liar he's proving to be already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 07:30 AM

23,644 posts, read 17,332,365 times
Default Dance fool, dance

"Every time I see a picture of Christie in the paper he either has his tongue hanging out of his mouth,....."

That observation should be enough proof the media is gunning for Christie.

Unflattering photos are a standard method of diminishing the reputation of a targeted person. Further, any published content will contain the same bias which is intended to rally the droning ignorant electorate that has enabled NJ state and local governments to dazzle, confuse and fleece the wide eyed public.

The article goes on to explain the creative accounting that has become the standard of our elected officials. Apparently Corzine's background prepared him well to manipulate public opinion with financial smoke and mirrors.

The writer goes one step further by treating that 'news' item as an isolated incident that has a totally different feeling than if it were to be served with perspective. Ala carte 'news' is the choice recipe laid on your table by the nefarious chef to be consumed by the gluttonous diner with a taste for tainted and under cooked meat.

Consider that you are dancing to the tune the writer decided he wanted you to dance to..... "payroll up under Christie...." Cast aside any further critical thinking which would include perspective. Be the myopic bird that stares at the markings on the snake about to enjoy a fresh feathered feast.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:06 AM

392 posts, read 844,020 times
If proven true, this is a huge mistake on Christie's part. However, from the same article:

"Christie spokesman Mike Drewniak disputed the difference in salaries, saying Corzine parked staff members in other departments to make it look as though there were fewer people on his payroll."

In any event, attacking Christie's politics is fair game. Attacking his appearance, well that just shows no class on the part of the posters/media who do so. Weak, very weak.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:09 AM

512 posts, read 1,757,786 times
BergenCounty,

I would like to propose how you would handle this budget. The bed buddies of the NJEA and the NJ Government have caused us, as NJ tax payers, to undergo an unsustainable bloated deficit that grew under fiscal liberals like Whitman, Mcgreevey, and Corzine.

I did not vote for Christie, but I see the big picture. He is really trying to force consolidation of our educational systems in this state. School systems should be supervised at a county level and not a town level, and this will be a huge step at balancing our massive deficit.

To say he's picking on teachers is an outright lie. He's picking on big union, the NJEA, that wants the tax-paying citizen to shoulder their finances. We've had enough, and...oh yeah, didn't about 2/3rds of all towns vote DOWN the school budget increases??

Old 04-21-2010, 08:18 AM

392 posts, read 844,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaljaybird View Post
BergenCounty,

I would like to propose how you would handle this budget. The bed buddies of the NJEA and the NJ Government have caused us, as NJ tax payers, to undergo an unsustainable bloated deficit that grew under fiscal liberals like Whitman, Mcgreevey, and Corzine.

I did not vote for Christie, but I see the big picture. He is really trying to force consolidation of our educational systems in this state. School systems should be supervised at a county level and not a town level, and this will be a huge step at balancing our massive deficit.

To say he's picking on teachers is an outright lie. He's picking on big union, the NJEA, that wants the tax-paying citizen to shoulder their finances. We've had enough, and...oh yeah, didn't about 2/3rds of all towns vote DOWN the school budget increases??
The taxpayers of NJ voted Christie in, and strongly continue to support his efforts of keeping the train on the rails.

Moderator cut: Not necessary, thus very angry at taxpayers who truely care about this state's dire financial condition.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 04-21-2010 at 12:33 PM.. Reason: Not necessary

Old 04-21-2010, 08:36 AM

66 posts, read 194,941 times
Is anyone really surprised by Christie's office Shenanigans? Please... Same old with the Reps.. Same Old..

Old 04-21-2010, 08:55 AM

17,025 posts, read 12,643,830 times
As much whining as is going on on both sides. NOONE is seriously proposing the STRUCTURAL changes that need to take place and using a long term approach. One side just cuts people without cutting the demand side. The other wont cut anyone. How about using this thing called attrition? By the time all this is argued out... attrition could have worked some of this out already.

Combine school districts, even if only at the top level. There are supers for districts with 1 or 2 schools on top of principals.
Combine cops, again even if only at the top level.
Combine the admin of all these tiny towns.

Old 04-21-2010, 05:35 PM

20,385 posts, read 20,007,726 times
Quote:
BergenCountyJohnny;13833346]No. NJ was poisoned by Whitman and has not recovered and is still unhealthy.
Yes it was. Whitman was a dreadful governor. And we've had years to elect honest, hardworking, financially savvy legislators and governors to fix it.

What happened?

What were they doing with their time on our dime?

Quote:
Be more wary of Republicans than people were with Christie. Stop trying to make excuses for Christie when he pontificates on how cuts will be painful and people must sacrifice while driving up the Gov's office payroll by $2 million and instead recognize his hypocrisy.

Don't give people making $400,000+ a tax break if we "all" must suffer "painful cuts."

Don't target teachers and education (just because they are an easy target) but look at the rest of the government (and for crying out loud start with your own governor's office).

Now tell me why I should believe Christie when he hasn't shown me he's about cutting fairly but more about cutting only those things that he and the radical right-wing Republicons are against??? What a stooge and a liar he's proving to be already

Again, we know how you feel about Christie, Republicans, Bush, neo-conservatives, Fox News....................enough of the emotional drama.

We're still 11 billion in the hole. Christie's in charge, for now.

Specifically, other than giving more money to our politicians to throw around, what should we/he do?

Will taxing those making over 400K at, say, 50% and Christie paying his staff minimum wage get us out of this dreadful hole?

To me, managing money is basic math; addition and subtraction. If you spend more than you bring in, it's not good.

When you repeat the above, year after year after year, it gets worse. Much worse. Look at us and California, two "rich" states.

I don't care whose party you pledge your undying love and loyalty to, BCJ.

NJ's in trouble when an unimpressive home, in an unimpressive area, has a five figure property tax bill.

Old 04-21-2010, 05:47 PM

5,821 posts, read 12,659,658 times
Well said Doc.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:35 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,791,461 times
While I agree that Christie's office budget is a drop in the proverbial bucket, it speaks to his leadership.

A good leader is supposed to lead by example and by raising the budget for his office while demanding everyone else sacrifice it shows that he is not truly leading by example.

So while "do as I say not as I do" may make fiscal sense, many of us expect a Governor to be more than just a money manager we expect them to be a leader.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey