Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 05:12 AM

1,288 posts, read 2,896,442 times

Advertisements

As always, Yogi was right:

"It ain't over 'til it's over."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2009, 08:27 AM

127 posts, read 311,255 times
The Yankees bandwagon rolls on, LOL! Biggest bandwagon fans in the world!

Old 11-07-2009, 09:26 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,942,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyKdros View Post
Is there nothing you won't complain about? You are, possibly, the biggest whiner on these boards.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:50 AM

259 posts, read 662,712 times
This thread is full of FAIL on Phillies fans

Old 11-07-2009, 09:52 AM

259 posts, read 662,712 times
Don't hate the yanks because they generated over 600 million in revenues and have the most succesful regional sports network in the country

Old 11-07-2009, 12:07 PM

825 posts, read 3,162,929 times
Quote:
No, the biggest bandwagon fans in the world are Red Sox fans. Why else would there be Sox fans down here in Jersey? Frankly, I think they all should be shot.

I, however, have been a Yankees fan since I was old enough to understand the concept of baseball (I was around age 5 or 6). I did not pick them because they were a winning team, I picked them because they were the closest to me geographically and I liked the pinstripes.

Old 11-07-2009, 12:17 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,982,868 times
I think the Yankee and Red Sox fans are pretty equally devoted to their teams. Bandwagon fans abound in areas where the chances of a pennant are remote. Marlin stadium was always a huge expanse of empty seats until they had a year of contention. Suddenly, everyone in So. Florida was a fan. Same thing in Atlanta, the Braves draw small crowds now, but people want to root for them if given a chance of success.

I enjoyed the series. After the Yankees won, I brought my Philly neighbor a box of cannolis. I put a Yankee emblem on the bakery box, and a note saying "victory is sweet". Sports are supposed to be fun people!

Old 11-08-2009, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Jealous much?

Like I pointed out before, I've been a fan for over 50 years. I lived through (and remember) the competition of Mantle and Maris to break Babe Ruth's home run record, retirement of Mickey Mantle, the resurgence in the late 70s, the death of Thurman Munson, the pine tar game, Martin's repeated firings, the 80s (when the Yankees had more wins than any other team in baseball, but never finished in first even once), the deaths of DiMaggio and Mantle, the dynasty of the 90s, the perfect games, the deaths of Cory Lidle, Phil Rizzuto, and Bobby Murcer, right up to this day.

I was there for the cellar years, and I was there for the glory. And I'll be there until the day I die.

Now, how much do you know about your team? Or do you even have one? Are you just getting your kicks from bashing Yankee fans? Because if you are, that's truly sad.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
Don't hate the yanks because they generated over 600 million in revenues and have the most succesful regional sports network in the country
And a good chunk of those revenues are shared with other teams, according to the rules of Major League Baseball. They have a lot to lose monetarily with an unsuccessful Yankee team.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:12 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,027,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
one down, 3 to go!!!

Yankees = LOSERS!! They stunk last night! It was like the champs were playing some high school team!!! LOLOLO
So hows that workin for ya these days?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: