Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2011, 05:48 AM

1,931 posts, read 3,433,848 times

Advertisements

Kudos to Michael Bloomberg for really touching the third rail of politics. That being an apathetic, uncaring parents that ruin our children. The sad part is he then got blasted for saying some parents just dont care. Too bad because he about the only guy that has come out and been honest about parental apathy in urban America. I wonder if the moms in the story below were caring and helping their kids with homework. Poor children I feel so sorry for them.
Two Irvington women accused of not feeding children after 8-year-old is found dead | NJ.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2011, 08:59 AM

83 posts, read 225,711 times
I couldn't agree with you more. It seems like everyday in the news there is a new story about children being GROSSLY neglected. It just disgusts me. Even if these poor children get into foster care or get adopted, they are scarred for life. These disgusting people always seem to have more than 1 child. How the hell did that happen? Whatever happened to birth control or sterilization? I know so many parents with children with awful diseases, and here these low lives have perfectly healthy children and they torture them. I think people take that term 'It takes a village to raise a child' to mean that parents have no responsibility and it's up to the school and society to raise their children. It seems that everyone is legally responsible for children except their parents! I know most people are good decent people and parents, but it's this minority that really have to go!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey