Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2008, 09:53 AM

5,340 posts, read 13,987,629 times

Advertisements

I know this is Jersey and not NY... but let's face it. NYC has a definate impact on those of us in Jersey - esp Northern NJ. How many Jersey folks work in NY etc...and I'm really interested in seeing the opinions of those of us who live here.

What are your thoughts on Michael Bloomberg taking the steps to try and run for a third term as Mayor of NY when the voters have 2x voted for term limits?

I do not like going against what the voters choose in a "democracy," that said I think Bloombergs been a fantastic mayor and is just great for the city of NY. If the people want him, they should be able to re-elect him. I don't see too many potential candidates who I feel could hold a candle for him.

Admitedly, I'm a Bloomberg fan. I'd be all for him relocating to Jersey and running here as an Independent for governor. LOL I'd be ALL over volunteering for that!

Your thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 09:56 AM

13,431 posts, read 28,839,632 times
Have you been home sick or is HR slow these days...lol...

While Bloomberg may have been good for NY I think they should leave the term limits where they are at

Old 10-02-2008, 10:05 AM

I'm home sick!

My boss - who is great - lets me "work from home" when I'm sick. But I can do the work when I can get it done... so I did a lot while I could not sleep last night... so I am on line and taking e-mails as they come in, but my "work" is done. I can't complain.

As for BBG... watching the news now and all the other politicians are having canaries...I think that's because they know they don't have a chance!

Old 10-02-2008, 10:18 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,790,028 times
the vote is in - the people spoke. kinda reminds me about the groundswell to change the constitution so schwarzenegger could run for prez.

we don't disagree on much EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP, lol, and I think bloomberg's been good for NYC, but we have to abide by the wishes of the people.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:41 AM

1,983 posts, read 7,538,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
I know this is Jersey and not NY... but let's face it. NYC has a definate impact on those of us in Jersey - esp Northern NJ. How many Jersey folks work in NY etc...and I'm really interested in seeing the opinions of those of us who live here.

What are your thoughts on Michael Bloomberg taking the steps to try and run for a third term as Mayor of NY when the voters have 2x voted for term limits?

I do not like going against what the voters choose in a "democracy," that said I think Bloombergs been a fantastic mayor and is just great for the city of NY. If the people want him, they should be able to re-elect him. I don't see too many potential candidates who I feel could hold a candle for him.

Admitedly, I'm a Bloomberg fan. I'd be all for him relocating to Jersey and running here as an Independent for governor. LOL I'd be ALL over volunteering for that!

Your thoughts.
With what's unfolding in NYC and the fallout that could be exist there for YEARS, Bloomberg is the most capable of addressing the issues. Now's not the time for political change in NYC, got to exercise damage control, a new face increases risks in the City even more.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:45 AM

11,403 posts, read 16,819,618 times
When Rudy tried to extend his term because of 9/11, Bloomberg was against it.

So why now should it be changed?

Old 10-02-2008, 10:58 AM

1,983 posts, read 7,538,385 times
In all seriousness, I think Rudy should be part of emergency task force with Bloomberg and some others as to address the financial crisis. The solution has to include local support, tax incentives, etc. If they think the bailout bill is going to rescue NYC they are mistaken. Why has nobody talked about this?

Old 10-02-2008, 11:02 AM

5,822 posts, read 12,674,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
When Rudy tried to extend his term because of 9/11, Bloomberg was against it.

So why now should it be changed?
Exactly I remember that well. He was deadset against it, now he's for it because it benefits him. Gotta love them billionaires, they break the rules when it benefits themselves. That being said I think he was a good mayor for NYC.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:13 PM

Oh, I'm not for or against... I'm just saying I like the guy. I'd like to vote for him... COME TO JERSEY BLOOMBERG! LOL!

Old 10-02-2008, 01:47 PM

20,392 posts, read 20,039,802 times
Let the voters decide. If they want to abolish term limits to better suit their wants or needs, so be it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey